Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozoDOP2 Posts: 112, Reputation: 0

Dec 3, 2010, 09:00 PM
    Strangers who want you to change because you're different, Why they are mean?
    I'm a quiet person.. There's naggy women who keep saying "why are you so quiet.. say something"

I'm a stranger adult and they're adults.. But why they treat me like a kid. I'm just a quiet person . Why do they want to shape me. I'm not even related to them, and they treat me like a kid.

I have a soft personality and they are loud outgoing, noisy. Seems most noisy people are disirespectful.

Anyway it makes me feel bad. They treat me like a kid just cause I'm not like them.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 3, 2010, 09:30 PM

Just ignore them. You are who you are, and as long as you're happy with who you are, and comfortable in your own skin, then it's no one else's business.

People tend to speak up, say what's on their minds. That doesn't mean you have to listen. It's in your hands, your control.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 3, 2010, 09:33 PM

They don't sound like strangers, you talk about how they treat you, and things they say. So you have some level of relationship with them.

I would say that perhaps they were hoping you would open to them
    Racer2012 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2010, 09:50 PM
    Well I'm a kid and I'm quiet and people are now telling me that I need to talk more and what not. However I know that the only reason why I'm not loud around them is because I'm not comfortable with expressing myself. So I kind of get where your coming from.
    I'm also guessing that the people your describing are probably really big braggers and they like to show of their stuff and that's just them, and as long as you know your getting somewhere in life don't worry about them because I'm sure you have friends your loud and comfortable with like me.
    I don't know if this is any good advice I just wanted to let you know your not alone, I deal with people like this everyday, you just have to ignore them or one day do something that's totally out of character for you to shut them up once and for all.
    Hope I kind of helped :)
    nimkai Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2010, 11:01 PM
    Each one is entitled to his/her opinion. Each one has ones own character & personality. 'They' are that way because they are made that way. You are who you are because you are made differently. Your happiness is in your hands. You can't expect others to behave the way you want just as they expect you to behave their way. Remember 'choice' is always yours to make.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 3, 2010, 11:09 PM

I was once a young mom with a new baby. I would take that baby with me when I went shopping at the mall. Invariably, some woman would come up to me and tell me the baby looked cold. I would wrap the blankets more tightly around the baby. Before long, another woman would come up to me and tell me that my baby looks too warm. I'd then loosen the blanket to give the kid more air. After a few more "warnings" and "scoldings" from other (mostly older) women, I finally got some courage and decided I was very capable of caring for my baby and didn't have to listen to anyone's advice, or at least would thank them for their concern and deal with my baby the way I thought he should be dealt with.

Now it's your turn. Thank them, if you wish, and then do what is best for you.
    cozoDOP2 Posts: 112, Reputation: 0

Dec 4, 2010, 09:02 AM
    Yeah well the ones I'm talking about are coworkers. I work right with them but they're just loud mouths can't shut up. All they do is yapp all day. Why do they want me to be like that. I'm just doing my work( which is not about speaking it's about documents)and if they have a question I answer them. But they just nagg me and treat me like a kid.

But not all of them do.. but the ones that are the most outgoing and loud mouths are the ones who start saying things to me. There's another lady who is talkative and doesn't say anything bad to me just cause I don't talk. She's nice.

Those loud mouths that say "Come on, talk!" or something like that to me, are usually talking non stop even on the phone.. They call their boyfriends etc constantly even at work where they are not supposed to.. so why they want more talking, if all they do all day is yap.
    Aleeravilu Posts: 77, Reputation: 22

Dec 10, 2010, 10:37 AM
    Well, as you've described, they are quite talkative, and talkative people tend to want everybody to join them in the conversation, because more people means more conversation. And trust me they don't ever get tired of talking.

It's not like they want you to change, they just want you to open up more. You are co-workers, but you are different from them , they just want to get to know you. But you ignore them from the very start, that's why they got annoyed, and they talked more, and then You got annoyed. But, the more you try to ignore them, the more they feel uncomfortable with you (and believe it or not, you're giving those people chances to talk about you behind your back, since you don't reply to their "conversation" at all). As far as you've told us, all they asked of you were to speak up, to communicate with them. It isn't exactly a crime. A simple reply won't kill anyone right? Just answer them, then say sorry I'm busy. Then you can come back to your documents again. If they keep bothering you, tell them to shut up and mind their own business and maybe, remind them all that they should be working, but if they don't (99%, who would listen to a "stranger"), never mind them.

I know you're a quiet person and all, but being quiet and lacking of communication are two different issue.

They're two basic things people tend to do when they come across a quiet person:
    1. Be friendly and try to talk to the person.
    2.Annoy that person to the point they will actually speak up to them.
    Either way their final goal is just to make more friends and to broaden their relationships.
    I'm saying this, because I want you to know the "other lady who is talkative but doesn't say bad things to you" of yours, maybe it's not exactly because she's nice. Maybe it's because she doesn't care about your existence at all.

And do not assume that noisy people are disrespectful. That's completely wrong. They are just trying to be friendly. However, their way of expressing their feelings isn't like yours. They are also people who appear to be talkative and noisy and stuffs, but in their backgrounds you can find a lot of horrible heart-breaking stories, but they choose to appear happy and talkative to cover up their pain. Smiling is always easier than explaining why you're sad.
    Aleeravilu Posts: 77, Reputation: 22

Dec 10, 2010, 10:43 AM
    Comment on Aleeravilu's post
    "They are also people who appear to be talkative and noisy and stuffs" sorry I mean "There are", not They are

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car rides with strangers [ 5 Answers ]

So I have this neighbor. It's actually two, a man and his wife. Both are very nice, very friendly, but I don't really know them. In fact, my family knows them, but I've never personally been introduced to them. I'm walking down the road to my home from my friend's house; I'm about a block from...

Strangers as roommates [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there. I'm just moving to a city about 200km from where I am now. I don't have any contacts in the new city so I've resorted to searching online for apartments and roommates. I've chatted quite a few potential roommates and finally found one guy who actually seems normal and reliable. :p We...

Name of sheep in perfect strangers [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: OK guys this is a good one... my boss at work wants to no the name of Balki's stuffed sheep, on the show of perfect strangers!? I told him I knew who to ask... you guys... help! Thanks...

Lab pup going nuts in presence of strangers [ 5 Answers ]

Any suggestions for controlling a 7 month old lab who jumps onto new people. He is very obiedient when he is with the family but when new people come over or when meeting new people and dogs on walks he will get very excited and jump all over the person no matter how much I say "no", "off", or...

View more questions Search