Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2010, 06:11 PM
    Will cooling system stop leak clog my system?
    I carry a bottle of "bar's leaks liquid aluminum radiator stop leak" in the trunk of my car for a emergency situation only. I would like to know if I have to use it one day then what are the chances it will clog my cooling system? Is the product safe or is their a good chance it will harm my cooling system?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2010, 06:44 PM

Possibly--I would not use it. It's better to follow a good preventive maintenance program, so you don't need to carry that stuff around.
    tomdel45 Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2010, 05:25 AM
    Read the bottle it will tell you how much to put in . Do not just put all in unless it tells you too. If you put too much YES it will clog the system.
    I have used it and it worked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

P1457 EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System) [ 5 Answers ]

How much it cost to repair this on a 98 Honda Accord? P1457 EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System)

P0442 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (small leak) [ 3 Answers ]

P0442 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (small leak) on a dodge dakota 2001 3.9liter 4x4

Cooling system [ 1 Answers ]

How does a radiator of a vehicle cool the vehicle engine

Serious Clog or Break in DWV System? [ 1 Answers ]

Dearest Plumbing Experts, I humbly request your advice on a matter of serious importance to myself. I am a 21 year old student living in an older 5 bedroom / 2 bathroom home, and am trying to troubleshoot a serious plumbing issue that seems to have been plaguing the house for some time, but that...

View more questions Search