Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DonnaRex Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Defective Carrier Infinity Furnace
    Two years ago when building a new home we chose to have a Carrier Infinity heat/ac system installed. It has never worked properly and the company that installed it doesn't seem to be getting much help from Carrier. The Infinity is what Carrier calls True Zone Heating. My system runs away heating, always in the same zone, and I have to shut down the system to get it to turn off. It has reached as high as 86 degrees. It also opens the damper to this same zone letting in excess heat and causes this room to reach 76 by late afternoon, this zone is set to maintain at 69 and the damper which is open to 30% should not be open at all. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Felrio Posts: 37, Reputation: 3

Jan 8, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Does the unit EVER stops by itself?

Has it been confirmed that the wiring it is correct in the first place?

If the wiring it is correct, are the dampers getting signals to close?. if so... something it is wrong with the motor mechanism or the motor itself perhaps. If not, then look for an open circuit in the wiring.

It sounds to me that the system was not set up properly since the beginning (thinking positive that the components are the proper ones for your system).

I hope this gives a clue.
    sderada Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaRex
    Two years ago when building a new home we chose to have a Carrier Infinity heat/ac system installed. It has never worked properly and the company that installed it doesn't seem to be getting much help from Carrier. The Infinity is what Carrier calls True Zone Heating. My system runs away heating, always in the same zone, and I have to shut down the system to get it to turn off. It has reached as high as 86 degrees. It also opens the damper to this same zone letting in excess heat and causes this room to reach 76 by late afternoon, this zone is set to maintain at 69 and the damper which is open to 30% should not be open at all. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    DonnaRex,

Have you seen my posts? I'm having lots of problems with my new Infinity (5 days old). I think these units are lemons or no one knows how to install them properly. What's the status of you situation now?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 19, 2007, 08:29 AM
    Carrier Infinity is extremely good equiptment. It is a shame that the company you bought it from does not know how to det it up properly. Call a different contractor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Blower runs, furnace won't ignite. ( pilot light IS WORKING) 1. filter was cleaned 2. thermostat reprogrammed . Is there anything we can do beafore calling service?

Carrier furnace problem [ 5 Answers ]

My carrier furnace would only come on if I shut down the main power then turned it back on. Then after it got up to the proper temperature it would shut off but not come back on. Now it won't come on at all. I just replaced the control board and it is doing the same thing.

Bryant Evolution (carrier infinity) Control and Honeywell Fresh Air Vent. [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Bryant Evolution system installed. This is the same as a Carrier Infinity system. This consists of a 355MAV furnace, a 598B a/c And SYSTXBBUID01 Evolution control. Also installed in this system is a Honeywell Y8150 ventilator and a Honeywell HE440 steam humidifier. The...

Carrier Furnace [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking at furnace for a friend. The furnace will come on with that small fan and the pilot will light. However, the burner will not catch. This unit has a igniter I suspect that the igniter is bad. Is there any way to test it?

View more questions Search