Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justme005 Posts: 200, Reputation: 7

Dec 3, 2010, 03:27 PM
    Which TV is a good buy right now?
    Hi all,

I need information about the latest technology as far as TV's are concerned. I am looking to buy a 40 inch HDTV. I don't know what to look for... should I get an LED or plasma? What's the difference? If anyone could help me and give me some information/advice, it is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Justme
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 3, 2010, 03:44 PM
    Your location makes a HUGE difference to the advice as we are a global site.
    justme005 Posts: 200, Reputation: 7

Dec 3, 2010, 04:57 PM

Oh, NJ.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2010, 05:06 PM

Oh, New Jersey, then the Old tube type should be fine.
    Seriously, look through both of these sites:
    How to Choose between Plasma, LCD and LED HDTVs | eHow.com

LED, LCD or a Plasma HDTV? - inSing.com
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 3, 2010, 07:11 PM

The choice of television depends on many things.

Price, size, usage, location, etc...

I noticed that in your post you asked LED or Plasma? Why not LCD?

I have owned both LCD and Plasma and too be honest I like them both for different reasons. I like my Plasma for gaming and my LCD for regualr HD Television.

There are many things to learn about the television technology, so I would suggest a lot of reading. Consumers Reports is helpful when they do articles on TV's.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2010, 09:04 PM
    The price gap between LED-LCD and traditional LCD is closing. Depending on sales, it can sometimes be more expensive to go with the lesser traditional LCD model, rather than the LED backlit models.

If you don't care about energy consumption, heat output, or size, then you will get your best bang for the dollar on a plasma. If the room is bright and well-lit while using the set, and/or you want a set that uses less energy, gives off less heat, and is thinner, then look no further than an LED-LCD.

If you have the money to spend, spend it on a full back-lit LED as the picture quality is AMAZING. Although we're talking $5k+ for a full back-lit LED (except there was an LG model that was around $2.5k or so on clearance, but it had an extremely grainy picture even after calibration).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Where are good places to buy make up [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I'm looking for good places to buy make up and I'm only 10 but there's this boy I like and he likes me to and there's other girls that like him and there much prettier than me and I want to be pretty and just get a boy for once HELP!!

Is this Dell a good buy [ 8 Answers ]

Intel® Pentium® dual-core processor E5200 (2MB L2, 2.5GHz, 800 FSB) Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic Service Pack 1 Microsoft Works 9.0 1Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty, InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis Dell S2009W 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz- 4DIMMs 500GB...

Is the story in this book good? I'm not sure if I should buy it. [ 3 Answers ]

My mate went to a booksigning the other month and just bought a new book called The Patokafus Trilogy Book1 The Goldstone. She finished it two days ago and said it was brilliant and highly recommended to me. The thing is, she didn't tell me what it was about. I went on to other bookstore...

View more questions Search