Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deadline_101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2010, 11:15 AM
    Except opportunity cost what is the normal cost of cash holdings?
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2010, 12:13 PM

Depending on where you have your cash, there can be fees involved. If you have liabilities, there could be interest involved. In times of inflation, holding cash can cost in terms of higher prices in the future. Holding cash can mean not even earning interest on the balance, so something as simple as a zero balance account can make a big difference.

With most banks, having a minimum cash balance saves you fees as the bank uses the average balance to cover the cost of fees that would have otherwise been charged. Of course, there is even a fee for providing this service, so the amount of fees involved have to be high enough to make the service charge worthwhile.

You question could have a few meanings. I hope I answered it. Otherwise, you can post again with a more specific question. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Opportunity cost [ 2 Answers ]

I have been wondering about opportunity cost and can't mind asking:rolleyes:, What exsacly its an opportunity cost and how does this relate to economic?:confused:

Opportunity cost [ 1 Answers ]

1. Which of the following is an opportunity cost of the activity in question and which is not? – Explain. a. A person decides spend all her time as a full time student. To do this, she has to quit her job, in which she earned £20,000 a year. – opportunity cost = £ 20,000 a year b. Bill...

Opportunity cost vs relevant cost [ 2 Answers ]

I am confused between the two costs, opportunity cost and relevant cost. What's the relation between them and difference from each ? Can someone help to explain it? Thx.

View more questions Search