Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oloyede Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2010, 06:57 AM
    When ever I eat fried food I experienced pain in my eyes why?
    Mini_Her Posts: 145, Reputation: 4

Dec 3, 2010, 07:09 AM

Wow. That's a first... I really would like to hear updates on this one.
    HeadStrongBoy Posts: 351, Reputation: -4

Dec 28, 2010, 05:55 PM
    The eyelids have very tiny (microscopic) pores all along their edges that make contact with the eyeball itself. These pores deliver lubricating fluid that the body itself "manufactures." This fluid, besides containing water and some other ingredients, also consists of oils or fats mixed together with the other ingredients. The oil and fat content of this eyeball lubricant is made of the oils and fats that we eat. When we eat fats that are irritating to us they also show up in the fluid I have mentioned. This could be a reason for the pain you experience.

I too have experienced irritation of the eyeball when I've sometimes eaten chocolate or some other fat containing food. Then I've noticed very tiny blisters on the edge of the eyelid. When I VERY carefully break the blister, I've detected a clear oily substance in the blister. After breaking the very small blister, the irritation stops. Of course I also make it a point not to eat chocolate bars very often. That seems to solve the problem for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant upper abdominal pain & Unable to eat solid food [ 24 Answers ]

Please advise - I was diagnosed with Chronic Pancreatitis in January and subsequently spent four months in hospital following an endoscopy, perforation and GI Bleed causing me to spend four months in hospital. Five months on and I am still not able to eat solids without very acute pain in the...

My dog will not eat his food unless I add a hard cooked egg to eat is that Ok [ 7 Answers ]

My dog will not eat his dog food (Beneiful healthy weight) He is approx 18 lbs I have tried everything Now I finally got a flat plate put his dog food and other little flavors added olive oil a touch he nibbles but when I add a hard cooked egg he eat it all. Is it healthy for a dog to have a...

My bulldog will not eat his food but will eat if its tablefood ! Why? [ 4 Answers ]

He won't even eat if we add tablescraps he picks them out he wouldn't eat when we tried peanut butter because he couldn't get it off the dog food !

Sorethroat - fried food [ 1 Answers ]

I notice that there seems to be a strong association between certain foods and sorethroat. I found that on many occasions, after I took certain food such as fried stuffs (eg fried chickens), and fruits like durian, I was more prone to get sorethroat. Anyone can comment on this? I don't think we...

View more questions Search