Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sally63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2013, 02:33 PM
    Due to the removal of the decay and widening of the root canals the tooth crown becomes weakened and may crumble or fracture. That's why it is much preferable to have a crown especially on the back teeth which take heavy loads of chewing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got a root canal and needed crown lengthening but got billed for a crown? [ 10 Answers ]

I went to a new dentist for a horrible tooth ache. They took a full set of X-rays which is fine but I just needed them to look at the one tooth ASAP. I was told I needed a root canal, crown lengthening, and porcelien crown. I could not afford everything at once so I did the root canal the next day...

Is a must a root canal before a crown [ 2 Answers ]

Do you always need a root canal before you have a tooth crown?

Root canal/crown [ 1 Answers ]

I had a crown and root canal earlier this year. I also have 2 crowns next to it. #16 is crown/canal, # 15, 14 have crowns no root canals. I don't feel those 2 bothering me, They are not sensitive or any other feelings to them. The # 16 has ( or seems) to be bothering me. I went to the dentist...

Root Canal/Crown [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I had root canal and crown done 4.5 yrs ago, 6 months ago, I felt pain from that tooth, and got it checked lately... my dentist said that its infected and shaky... option given was either I extract it or redo the whole process of root canal and new crown? I thot root canal is ridding the...

Why not do a root canal before crown [ 5 Answers ]

I don't know why my dentist did 4 crowns 3 weeks ago. It has been hurting very bad and now I need two root canals on two of the teeth.

View more questions Search