Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ykellykelly Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2010, 12:35 AM
    Can I stop my husband deserting to australia?
    My husband has decide to leave me and 2 children to go to australia to live with a woman he met on Facebook.He is leaving me to pay mortgage and all bills with no financial support for the children.Can I do anything to prevent him from doing this
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 3, 2010, 09:20 AM

Need more details.. where you are from? Are you legally married? Have children? etc.

Dec 12, 2010, 11:31 PM
    Comment on lawanwadee's post
    I am in uk legally married for 18 years and have 2 children 9 and 12 he flew out on 8th december on a 3 month visa but intends to try and stay there for good no support for anything we have a joint mortgage and he took out a bank loan to fund his adv
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 13, 2010, 05:15 AM

You can't prevent him from emigrating, but you can file for divorce and require that he provide support for your children. You need to consult a solicitor immediately. This is not an immigration issue but a family law issue.

Oh and please don't type in all caps.

Dec 13, 2010, 09:38 PM
    Sorry about the caps. The immigration issue is as follows. He has a 3 month visa and intends to apply for an extension while there. Problem is at age 52 he is not in good health, he has 2 dvts in his leg that cannot be operated needs warfarin for li

Dec 13, 2010, 09:40 PM
    For life he has no trade and no money will he ever be allowed to stay in australia as he has been led to believe he can and thank you for your help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband stole my passport in australia what can I do? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband stole my passport in australia what can I do?

How can I stop my husband get his you.S. Citizenship. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I am a u.s. citizen, when my husband got his green card through me he left me with 2 girls, and at that time I found myself pregnant. I have been separated for six years now. My husband does not bother to come see his three girls, even though he lives two blocks down where we live, I...

How can you stop your husband from lying to you? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband does have a problem with his spine and needs to see a chiropractor. This actually aids in his odd behaviors, but I don't know what to do. We don't have any money for him to see a chiropractor, both of us being laid off and all. He visited his family a few months ago and decided...

Is there any law to sue a woman who slept with someone's husband in Australia? [ 3 Answers ]

To: Whom it may concern I would like to know is there any law to judge someone guilty when she slept with someone's husband in Australia? Thank you Best Regards, Ivan

View more questions Search