Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grunewlh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2003, 08:02 AM
    Scanning text into a Word XP document
    My professor needs to have her published economics instructor's manual scanned into a Word document . What scanner and software is capable of doing this? The office has an old HP ScanJet 4C flatbed scanner. Thanks.
    cyrus Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2003, 09:14 AM
    You need a scanner that support OCR... this doesn't always work very well but here is a site that offers some more info on ocr scanning http://www.homeandoffice.hp.com/hho/...0-225-121.html
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 2, 2003, 05:55 AM
    Most scanners come with some sort of OCR software that will scan (with varying degrees of accuracy) documents into editable text files.

The cleaner and plainer the copy the more accurate the scan. The 4C included such software. If the software you have won't scan directly to Word you can scan to a text file and open that file in Word for formatting.

grunewlh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2003, 09:58 AM
    We discovered that a piece of software for the OCR (OmniPage Pro) had not been installed on the computer. However, Word 2000 still does not have "acquire text" in the drop-down menu under "file" like the old computer had. Thanks for all the help.
    cyrus Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2003, 10:46 AM
    In your scanning software just choose scan to Microsoft word as an ocr document

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MS WORD loss of text [ 2 Answers ]

I have lost the first five pages of a 30-page document, probably when 'somebody' put an object on the keyboard. I discovered the problem later and can only assume that the 'backspace' or 'delete' was pressed. Can anybody tell me if it is possible to recover the lost text from my hard disk please?...

Jpg to word document [ 12 Answers ]

I have received a scanned word document that is in jpg format. Is there a way I can take jpg and paste it into Word so I can work on it?

Removing Previously opened document Word File Menu [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having a question. Normally when we open a word document and select the File Menu, then we come across all previously opened (about 4) word files. Now I want to remove those existing files which show up when we start a word document. I know how to overwrite it, by opening a few other...

Spell checking is disabled in one Document in Word [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Word Expert: The spell checking is disabled in one of my Word documents (Word 97). If I copy the entire document to a new page in Word, the spell checking becomes enable. Do you have any other way to fix it except copying and pasting into another new page?

View more questions Search