Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OldMeemaw Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 06:28 PM
    Tiny round black bugs in sinks and tub - coming from septic system??
    The bugs in my sinks/tub look just like poppy seeds - black and about the same size. What are they? Will the foaming drain cleaner, that is septic safe, kill them? It's been going on for months. After 13 years in this house, this is the first time we've ever had this problem. Any advice?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 6, 2010, 07:53 PM

Do they look like any of these? Drain Flies - Moth Flies - Drain Flys Control Treatment Could be drain mites or moths. Not coming from the septic but can develop in your drain pipes and traps.

Dec 27, 2010, 12:42 PM
    I found the source of the tiny black bugs all over my bathroom. They weren't coming from my drains at all. I pulled the box of Rid-X from under my bathroom sink and poured some in the sink. Out came thousands of tiny black bugs. THE RID-X WAS THE SOURCE OF THE BUGS!! Since securing the box in a plastic bag and throwing it away, the infestation has ceased. I cleaned up they mess they made under my sink and have vacuumed up some "stragglers" hanging around, but my bug problem is over. I've written to Rid-X about it. I'm interested in seeing what they have to say about their buggy product!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jan 17, 2011, 08:33 PM

I would love to know too! Have they responded yet?

Jan 18, 2011, 08:06 AM
    Comment on Aurora_Bell's post
    Yes, with a lame response -said the box was probably infested while stored next to other products. In other words - "not our fault!" I'm convinced the Rid-X itself contained the bug larvae that hatched after being under my sink for 2 months
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jan 31, 2011, 09:42 AM

Weird! I couldn't imagine! Glad your problem cleared up.
    collage kitty Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2012, 08:51 AM
    our rid-x was stored in a linnen closet with towls and toilet paper and came up with the same problem we were vacumeing up bugs for months before we found the source by acciednt.. the damn rid-x box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny hopping bugs in sinks and tubs [ 3 Answers ]

I have tiny bugs in kitchen sinks, bathroom sinks and tub. Not in the shower stalls. They hop like fleas and they seem to be multiplying. What are they and how do I get rid of them. They don't fly, they hop.

Tiny black bugs [ 2 Answers ]

I have hundreds of tiny black bugs in my bathtub and sink. The are only about 1/8 inch long with about 6 or 8 legs. The body is oval with a point at one end and two little curving antennae (?) coming out from the point. I live in the high desert area of Southern California and I've just started...

Tiny black biting bugs [ 5 Answers ]

I was lying on my bed on the top of the covers for 20 minutes and felt an itch on my back. I scratche it several times and when I got up I looked in the miror and saw three bites. I found a few small black bugs(smaller than a pin head). What can they be? With a magnifing glass they look like tiny...

Tiny little black bugs in bathtub possibly coming from drain [ 3 Answers ]

I have tiny little black bugs in my bathtub possibly coming out my bath drain how do I get rid of them

View more questions Search