Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jtwm06 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 03:11 PM
    Blown head gasket?
    I was driving my friends car when I hit a patch of ice and went into a stop sign... we got it home to find out there was a massive hole in the radiator and the car was over heating fast. It seemed a hose came of the radiator because there was anti freeze everywhere. I have replaced the radiator but there is lots of white smoke that just fills my garage and after about 10 minutes of idle it has serge's, like its trying to stall, but the car is automatic. Any idea!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2010, 03:25 PM
    Where is the white smoke coming from-exhaust pipe? If so, looks like a head gasket. Is the car overheating? If not, ould just be spilled antifreeze on the engine or exhaust system. If it is, probably a head gasket.

Dec 2, 2010, 03:28 PM
    Comment on ma0641's post
    It is coming from his exhaust pipe and a lot of smoke... and it was over heating till I replaced the radiator, but the idle is still weird and serge's
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2010, 03:36 PM
    Comment on ma0641's post
    Head gasket.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2010, 03:39 PM

Warped aluminum head and blown head gasket.

Dec 2, 2010, 03:50 PM
    Comment on TxGreaseMonkey's post
    You think I warped the head?

Dec 2, 2010, 03:51 PM
    Comment on TxGreaseMonkey's post
    It's a 95 civic cx hatchback
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2010, 05:20 PM

It's very possible. Usually, the aluminum head warps, which, in turn, causes the head gasket to leak. In many cases, there is also valve damage. It's not a pretty picture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blown head gasket [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to buy a car but it has a blown head gasket and it is a 1996 cadilac seville

Blown Head Gasket? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 97 cadillac seville sls with a northstar engine. It has been in the shop a few times over the past 4 months. It started overheating so I took it to the auto shop, (which was supposed to repair it, so I figured). I had the thermostat, water pump, radiator, oxygen sensors replaced, but none...

Blown Head Gasket [ 4 Answers ]

I need information on a Blown Head Gasket. My 2002 Ford Mustang has been running hot for almost a year (beginning last summer and usually only in the summer). We have replaced the thermostat 2x and it will work for a few months then start running hot again. It is now running hot and I took it to...

Blown head gasket [ 1 Answers ]

Wher to start when replacing head gasket on 19995 nissan altima

Blown head gasket [ 5 Answers ]

Someone is selling a acura legend for 1000. It has a blown head gasket is it worth buying and fixing?

View more questions Search