Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 01:39 AM
    The 4th State of Matter and its explanation
    What is the 4th State of Matter and its explanation?What are examples of this?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2007, 01:47 AM
    The fourth state of matter is often said to be plasma.

You can read further details of it here: Plasma (physics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is basically a very hot ionised gas. You can make it in your microwave quite easily with a grape, but it may well damage the microwave.

Here is a website detailing the technique:
    Microwave Grape Plasma

This state of matter can be seen in the form of lightning. Ball lightning is a longer lasting version (or at least this is the most favoured explanation). The Wikipedia page above details other examples.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1st Ever 4th of July Shuttle Liftoff [ 3 Answers ]

2:38PM EST (GMT -5) today. Watch it live here: http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/live_tv.html The camera is rolling now.

Explanation Anyone? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, Here goes... I'm going to tell a story, and see if anyone can explain it to me. I have this memory. I was in my parents car, my father was driving, and I was iin my mother's lap in the passenger seat. I was apparently too small to comprehend 'all' of their conversation, but I got some of it....

I am the 4th owner for my 1yr mini daschund [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I got my dog Harley about three weeks ago, and the previous owner declared to me that he was house broken.  So I watched him for the first few days and left him out while I went to work.  But it seems like he just isn't getting it.  I don't think he is crate trained either, and I work 10 hour...

View more questions Search