Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helplessindc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2010, 08:47 PM
    Military took medical hipaa violations?
    I cam back from leave to find out that my supervisor (who dislikes me) told my whole chain of command that I lied about having cancer and wanted to send me to mast for misleading statements. I have never been so insulted and my integrity questioned before. FACTS: I told her out of courtesy that I was having a biopsy as I had precious skin cancer and wanted to check it out so I would be going to medical in the next two weeks. FACT: The supervisor exaggerated this and told the XO something different so they went to medical and took my MEDICAL RECORD. Is there anything I can do about this??

Check out some similar questions!

What HIPAA violations have occurred when a hospital officer removes from medical reco [ 3 Answers ]

I have an incident of a CCO removing patients' charts from medical records after hours, did not sign them out, and took them to a nurse--who is out on FMLA, and having her do chart audits. Upon my investigation, those charts have the audits check-off lists signed by the nurse on FMLA! Help!

Hipaa violations [ 3 Answers ]

Is it a violation of hipaa, if I take a picture of a patient that has been discharged?

HIPAA Violations [ 2 Answers ]

A nurse I work with/supervise, called a family member to let them know she was being sent to the hospital. The family member asked, "who is being sent to the hospital?" and she told her the resident's name. The family member then stated, that is not my mother's name. The nurse then apologized to...

Hipaa Violations [ 1 Answers ]

How do I report a Hipaa violation?

HIPAA Violations [ 2 Answers ]

Should all complaints regarding HIPAA violations be in writing? If you write a patients name on a whiteboard ,is that a HIPAA violation? How should you respond to a caller requesting information about a patient that does not want information released?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.