Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zkarkeh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2003, 02:26 AM
    Font Size in word 2000
    :(
    I can not change the size of fonts in word 2000.
    I mean the font size is locked on 12 and I can not decrease or increase it?
    What should I do to solve the problem?
    heliotrope Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Jun 15, 2003, 06:28 PM
    Font Size in word 2000
    zkarkeh:

I'm not sure what you're trying to use to change your font size, or where.  Are talking about the default font when you open Word?  If so, here's how to set/change your default:

1. Click on Format > Font...
    2. Choose your Font, Font Style, and Size.
    3. Click on the Default... button at the bottom left.
    4. Click on the Yes button to set your changes.

If you want to change only a portion of your font, in an open Word document, here's how to do that:

1. Highlight the text you wish to change.
    2. Click on the drop down menu for the Font Size
    3. Click on the size you want.

If this option doesn't appear in the menu bar you can:

1. Highlight the text you wish to change.
    2. Click on Format > Font...
    3. Choose your Font, Font Style, and Size.
    4. Click on the OK button.

You can add items, such as Font, Font Size, etc. by clicking on the small black arrow, all the way to the right of the items that already appear, and click on Add/Remove Buttons > Formatting.  Choose which ones you want to appear by clicking on your selection.

One point: if you've received a document from someone else, and they have it set as Read Only, you won't be able to make any changes.

Post back, with additional information, if this doesn't solve your problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't get a new font to show up in Word. [ 3 Answers ]

Someone emailed my a .ttf font that I need to use. I copy the file into Windows\fonts and yet it never shows up in my list of fonts in Word. What am I doing wrong?

Ms Word can't see all my fonts in System Font Folder [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: somehow I can't see many fonts (includes open and true type) that has been installed into system font folder in Microsoft word. Example, I've altogether 7 types of Tw cent and 10 types of Futura, but only 3/7 and 8/10 available in Word. Anyone knows what is the reason? Thanks

Trouble with font size in Word [ 10 Answers ]

Hello. Wonder if someone can help please. Friend of mine types a word document, font size 12, when he prints it out, comes out about 6/7. No trouble with photo's. He has re-installed Microsoft Word (2000) and printer but no joy. When he highlights the text and increases the font size, it prints OK....

Word 97 Paper Size [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a 200 page document in A4. I would like to print Out the document on B5 paper but when I change the paper size, through PageSetUp, the whole document is thrown out of alignment. I have loads of screen dumps. Can anyone tell me if there is a way of reducing the size of the screen...

View more questions Search