Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2010, 06:01 AM
    Problem needs solving
    I have not heard from my eldest son in two years not a phone call, letter, email or text message. I have tried numerous times to get in contact with him without a reply. This year he is turning 21 and his brother has asked if I could contribute to his brother's birthday gift. I have texted message my eldest son without a reply. I feel that I should not give the $$ asked as the eldest son does not talk with me. Any advice in this situation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2010, 06:54 AM

Give the request and keep the lines of communication open.

As much as it might grieve you, one day he will be older and may need an open door to home.

If god forbid he was ever in trouble don't you want him to feel he can always come home,whatever has happened in the past it can be forgiven and you can both move on,that day may be a bit in the future,but if you close the door it won't ever happen.

Keep trying.
    gemmax Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Dec 27, 2010, 06:54 PM
    Did anything in particular happen to create this rift? If it were me, I would give the money. Why? Because he is your son, and that is reason enough. It is not going to help anything if you withhold a few dollars for a birthday gift. The only reason not to contribute is if you cannot afford it. And if that is true, then say so, and say nothing about your son to the other brother. It does not help to discuss one with the other.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help with solving this problem [ 0 Answers ]

The comparative statements of Villa Tool Company are presented below. VILLA TOOL COMPANY Income Statement For the Year Ended December 31 2009 2008 Net sales $1,818,500 $1,750,500 Cost of goods sold 1,011,500 996,000

Problem solving : using charts [ 1 Answers ]

Brian earns twice as much each week as a tutor than he does pumping gas. His total weekly wages are $150 more than his sister. She arns one quarter as much as Brian does as atotr. How much does Brian earn as a tutor?

Quadratic problem solving [ 2 Answers ]

The sum of a number and its reciprocal is 5 1/2. Find the number. Show your working out.

Problem solving [ 1 Answers ]

A ladder is leaning against a building so that the distance from the ground to the top of the ladder is one foot less than the length of the ladder.

View more questions Search