Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Nov 30, 2010, 07:34 PM
    White fuzzy bulb on fish tale.
    My fan tail platy has a fuzzy like white thing on the end of it's fin. I tried to get a good pic. Sorry they are so huge, but any one know what this is? And what I need to do to fix it?
    Attached Images

GZDZ Posts: 139, Reputation: 18

Dec 1, 2010, 06:39 AM
    It's probably a fungus, but sometimes it is hard to distinguish between bacteria and fungus. Take the fish out and try to swab as much off with a wet q-tip, or you can snip it off with sharp scissors. It should come off, top dress it with a topical treatment. Save your money and use something like neosporin.
    Try Melafix(anti-bacteria) and Pimafix(anti-fungal) together first it should do it.
    Oh yea. Very nice fish!
    Dogs Expert

Dec 1, 2010, 10:12 AM

Thank you! Will try the Q-tip and the combination of the Melafix and Pimafix.
    Dogs Expert

Dec 1, 2010, 10:24 PM

Wow, I have to say that Melafix and the Pimafix works amazing. My friend works at a pet store, after work she stopped by with the stuff, I put it in, and literally an hour later that white fuzzy bulb thing was gone! Also the fish looked really bloated. And after putting the mixture in his stomach looked less puffier.

Thanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

White, fuzzy bug, 6 legs, antennes [ 4 Answers ]

I found a white, fuzzy bug with 6 legs and antennes in my house. What kind is it?

How do I get the bulb out of a juwel fish tank? [ 0 Answers ]

How do I get my bulb out of a juwel fish tank

White fish and mushrooms. [ 1 Answers ]

What type of mushrooms go best with whit fish(haddock)? I see so many recipes that call for mushrooms but don't say which ones.

White, fuzzy mold in concrete [ 4 Answers ]

On the floor of my unfinished basement there are cracks and they seem to be growing something white and fuzzy, that I think is mold. Anyone know for sure what this is, and how to get rid of it? I tried dousing it with bleach, but its coming back after about a week.

View more questions Search