Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Etravel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2010, 05:25 PM
    Basic traveling allowance
    I have someone that has gone to London from the US (US CITIZEN) booked a return flight with Emirates has a 4 hour layover in Dubai before returning to JFK in New York. He was told that he needed a $1,000 BTA before they would allow him to fly
    Problem is he doesn't have a 1,000. His wallet was lost while there and since his cards were turned off and he has no cash
    He is stuck. Is this a requirement for overseas travel?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 30, 2010, 08:05 PM

Is this really someone you know , next door neighbor, friend from church, or someone you have chatted with online that you really don't know.

It is easy, they overnight new credit cards to him at the local embassy, also if they have problems, just go to the US embassy there and they will help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basic Travel Allowance [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a basic travel allowance required for someone to return to the US if they are a US citizen

What is basic travelers allowance [ 1 Answers ]

My friend is a us citizen who lives in the united kingdom she wants to move here and has a plane ticket for a one way trip from uk to omaha Nebraska but she has no money what so ever only the plane ticket here and they told her she can't travel with out bta of 5000 what can she do?

UK basic travel allowance [ 2 Answers ]

A 30 year old friend of mine wants to visit me in TX, she has passport and airline ticket and they will not let her on plane without basic travel allowance of $1000 pounds from the UK. She has a roundtrip ticket... she only wants to visit... She will stay with my family while in TX... Is this true?

View more questions Search