Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annecran Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2010, 09:52 AM
    Family Law Moving out of Country
    I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. I have a custody agreement with my ex-husband. I have full custody and he has reasonable access. I have a career opportunity of a life time and would like to move to Australia. I plan on discussing (begging) my ex to allow my child to come, but if he objects do I have the right to go with her anyway. What legal conquenses could I face?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2010, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by annecran View Post
    but if he objects do I have the right to go with her anyways. What legal conquenses could I face?
    Hello a:

Of course you don't have that right.. You could be faced with contempt of court charges all the way up to kidnapping... I don't know how Canada feels about depriving a father of his rights.

excon
    annecran Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2010, 12:19 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    Thank you for your answer, the harshness was not necessary though, I was wondering how far my sole custody allows me to go, that's all. I thought perhaps with sole custody, I could move. A fathers rights are very important in Canada. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Michigan family law out of country move [ 2 Answers ]

I currently live in MO. My divorce occurred in MI and my children's father still lives there. I am considering a move to Mexico with my new husband and my two children 7 & 11. I have full physical custody, but my ex has joint legal custody. Looking for any help and advise, maybe similar...

Moving to another country [ 1 Answers ]

I'm considering moving to France. What steps do I need to take to do so legally? I'm not necessarily interested in gaining citizenship at this point, just living in France for a year or so.

My son in law has abandoned his family, no food, money,etc. Can Ohio law do anything [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anything legally that can be done in the state of Ohio to a man arrested when he disappears leaves with no money, food, heat, car, etc. with wife and two young children.

View more questions Search