Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bopower Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2010, 08:34 AM
    I have a brass kohler bathroom faucet with a frozen rim.
    The screen fell out and must be replaced. How can I do so without damaging the rim? I have tried liquid wrench and lime remover.How can I do so without damaging the rim? I have tried liquid wrench and lime remover.
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

Dec 19, 2010, 10:11 PM
    If your talking about the aerator you can replace it but you have to know what you are trying to unscrew is actually suppose to unscrew. See if you can find a similar one at a showroom so you can be sure.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 20, 2010, 02:55 AM
    Aerators are inexpensive. If the screen fell out I think you will be better to replace entire aerator. If you agree than use channel locks to unscrew it. Once out, screw in new Aerator.
    bopower Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2010, 05:25 AM
    Thanks. I used a channel lock and got it off w/o damage. I am having difficulty finding an aerator that fits. It is a wafer style. Checked out Kohler parts they don't show anything like it. Next step is to call a plumber I guess.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 20, 2010, 06:35 AM

Hi Bopower...

The next step should be to take the aerator over to a plumbing supply store and see if they have one in stock. If they don't then I am sure they can order one for you. The plumber will only do the same thing so save the money and get one yourself!

Good luck...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing the brass collar and a delta bath tub faucet. [ 23 Answers ]

It won't even budge not a centimeter, nothing. I've tried all methods as described from previous answers to questions. Wd-40, channel locks... nothing works. Help me!!

Removal of a faucet rim [ 0 Answers ]

How to loosen brass fittings on bathtub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot loosen the brass fittings on a bathtub faucet with a wrench. Will heat help to loosen the fittings?

Painting shiny brass bathroom fixtures [ 2 Answers ]

Can a shiny brass shower enclosure be painted? Also, can tub and skin faucets that are shiny brass?

2-handle central brass faucet woes [ 9 Answers ]

Hello. One day I went to turn off the hot water in my bathroom sink, and the handle just turned round and round. I shut water off underneath sink and scurried to Lowe's where I bought a kit to replace the handles and stems. I now have the handle off, and have unscrewed the stem as far as I can,...

View more questions Search