Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Georgiopoulos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Garage Door won't open fully
    I have a lift master garage door opener. It works fine on the downward trip but on the upward trip the door stops approx 1 foot off the ground. I can put my finger under the door and lift it while it is in motion and it will complete the upward trip without interuption. Little pressure is being applied with my finger lifting. I have tried adjusting the travel but it hasn't worked. Any sugestions?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2007, 09:15 PM
    To me it sounds like you have some friction somewhere causing the door to bind and overload the motor. Try oiling the rollers that go in the tracts on the sides of the door. Look for other places that the rollers could be binding up and not rolling freely.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Although you do need to make sure the door rolls freely and the springs have enough tension, you may need to adjust the clutch. Usually there is a hole in the back of the power unit with a nut inside. Give the nut a turn or two. Too much, and it will smash anything it hits on the way down instead of reversing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remote doesn't open garage door. [ 11 Answers ]

Remote doesn't open garage door. If I press the button within the garage, it will open or close the door. The battery in the remote is new. The built in car opener doesn't work either. At one point, door would open with the remote for several days and then it wouldn't. This happened on two...

Garage Door open indicator [ 4 Answers ]

We have just moved into a new house with an attached garage. It’s been nice weather so we have been leaving the door open. However we have forgotten to close it when we go to bed at night. We live in a fairly safe neighborhood. We should just check to see if its closed each night but I thought...

Garage Door [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a problem with my garage door. It does not matter what remote I use or If I use the key pad. The door will stop opening 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 of the way from opening up. Light works, and if you hit the button again, the door does go back down. If I keep trying, it will eventually open all the...

Dishwasher door won't fully open [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I own a Maytag Quiet Series 100 dishwasher, which has been working fine for the past 3.5 years. Suddenly the dishwasher door won't fully open - I guess it open about 75 degrees of the 90 degrees it should open. I checked with my fingers for obstructions underneath the door, even used a mirror...

View more questions Search