Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gearry00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2010, 04:54 PM
    Low hot water pressure on a kitchen sink, good cold water pressure
    I have a single faucet sink where the cold water pressure is fine and all other sinks have good hot and cold water pressure. I replaced the kitchen faucet two years ago along with new lines. As of late I'm getting very little hot water pressure along with having to run the water for about 10 minutes before you get any hot water. What may be the cause of this?
    johguin67 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2011, 03:52 PM
    If all your other faucets are working properly; the low flow is why it takes so long to get hot; the low flow is probably caused by an obstruction in the faucet[usually at the seat area] or in the piping; usually at the stop or supply line. If your pipes are galv. It will only get worse. A trick you may be able to use is to turn off cold water supply to water heater; open hot in bathtub or utillity sink faucet [no aerator] then open your clogged hot water faucet; hold a rag tightly over the spout end and open the cold slowly; you may have to do this several times to flush out all the debris but it will save you from having to tear out any pipes.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 13, 2011, 03:57 PM

Hi Johguin67...

Sound reasoning, for sure, but the thread you posted to is from back in Nov. 2010, so gearry is probably all set by now.

Look at the upper left corner of all posts you reply to so you don't waste your time although I'm sure someone down the road will stumble upon this like you did and it will surely be helpful... ;)

Thanks...

Mark
    Dale1955 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 08:12 PM
    I just tried this for slow running water in my kitchen sink and it worked perfectly! Thank you so much!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 30, 2012, 07:25 AM
    Hi Dale and Welcome to The Plumbing Page. At AskMeHelpDesk.com.
    Glad it worked for you and we thank you for the update. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low kitchen sink hot water pressure [ 0 Answers ]

I put in a dishwasher today and when I hooked everything back up my hot water pressure in the sink is very low it wasn't when I started I have turned the knob all the way how do I get pressure back?

Low hot water pressure in kitchen sink [ 3 Answers ]

We recently tapped into the hot water pipe for a basement bathroom. After doing so the hot water pressure in my single handled faucet is much lower. None of the other hot water in the house has been affected. I think the pipe we tapped into is the pipe that only supplies the kitchen sink and...

Low hot water pressure in kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

We have low water pressure in our kitchen sink. What causes this and how can we fix this?

Low Hot Water Pressure in Kitchen Sink [ 10 Answers ]

Recently the hot water pressure has gone down only in our kitchensink. A day or two earlier, ew had to turn our water off for some unrelated plumbing work, and when we turned it back on, the hot water pressure was significantly lower, but only in the kitchen (the bathroom tubs and sinks all have...

Low cold water flow/pressure in kitchen sink [ 6 Answers ]

We live on the 6th floor in a 12-story condo building and have always had low cold water flow/pressure in the kitchen sink. The hot water is OK, as is the cold water in the bathrooms. I've adjusted the pressure valve under the sink to get as much flow/pressure as possible, but the stream is barely...

View more questions Search