Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whoshistory Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2010, 02:25 PM
    Cement slab house how long before laying cement blocks?
    After a slab is poured how long should you let it cure before putting up cement blocks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 29, 2010, 03:02 PM

Concrete gets hard after 1 day but is still very week. It achieves 90% of its strength in 3 weeks so the longer you wait the better off you are. Keeping it damp during curing increases strength
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2010, 12:00 PM
    I would wait a week. However, if the concrete was a high strength or quick set, maybe 4 days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Waterproofing Painted Cement Blocks [ 1 Answers ]

I have cement blocks in my basement, which are painted. I started getting black spots on my paint. I scraped the paint, but there is white paint under it which I have not been able to remove. While scrapping, pieces of the white paint did come off which revealed small black spots in cement...

Cement blocks turning white [ 8 Answers ]

2 years ago I had a cement wall built and when spring came there where hugh white spots on the cement taking up about 50% of it. I called the contractor and he said it was curing. This year I have the same problem. I bought a corn broom and it will not come off with this. What is the cause and what...

Pouring a cement slab [ 1 Answers ]

I just removed my rotten floor in my home I just purchased. It's an 80yr old home which I plan to resale. I added plumbing fixtures in one room which is now the bathroom and as well in another room for a future kitchen. Here is the dilema, I have about 8" to get to where i want to be in height. I...

Cement slab [ 1 Answers ]

how many yards of cement do I need for a slab of 6x8 4"tick

Cement slab [ 1 Answers ]

I have a cement slab that is rough and uneven. How can I put brick over it to make a patio?

View more questions Search