Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Unicorn1986 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2010, 01:54 PM
    I have a pending felony can I go to community college and get the degree I want?
    I'm 24 with a pending felony, and in background checks there are companies that can see that, and have rejected my employment until further notice. This not only scares me but it also gets me worried about college and my future. I have no bad past in either my childhood or my adult hood. I had a momentary laps of anger that caused my life to change forever. I live with my boyfriend and can't have children, so I have a cat as a child instead but I think of them fondly as family. All I want now is to provide for them and go on vacations once or twice a year. I thought that something pending wouldn't effect my life and that when all was done and over with in court, that I might be able to assume my very normal very un-felony like life. But even with a pending felony they treat me like I'm a felon already. "Guilty until proven innocent" I guess.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 29, 2010, 08:36 PM

Most Jr Colleges will allow you to attend even if you are convicted of the felony.

Your main issue now needs to be getting it dismissed or a good plea bargain ( or of course fighting it in court.

If you are convicted, there will be many doors shut as to jobs you can do.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 29, 2010, 08:38 PM

Most community colleges will let you attend with a felony. You don't mention the career path you want to take. That's where you may be sidelined.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Community College to Harvard? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not a bad student but I don't have the best or most impresive grades in high school. I want to do my MBA and Harvard has a great business program. I regret messing up my high school career. I really want to go to Harvard. In Maryland, the community college for us is Montgomery college, its...

Pending felony possession keep me from visa? [ 5 Answers ]

hi everyone... I have a 3rd degree felony possession hanging over me... going to indicted within a couple / few months... I am leaving and going to try and just start over... my question is... does mexico extradite to usa for 3rd degree charge? If I live in tijuana and tarvel back and forth...

Pending felony and misdemeanor charges [ 17 Answers ]

I was arrested in sept for grand larceny theft of 24000 from a person I was taking care of . I have a drug problem I have been receiving counseling for . I have no priors except in 2001 for drug paraphenelia in fla . My lawyer seems to have his own best interest at heart and I'm afraid ill do...

View more questions Search