Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    margaret70 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Tile grout left on wall
    Is there a way to remove tile grout after removing tiles. Some of the wall paper has come off in doing this. Can I just take all the paper off the wall and replaster it using wallboard plaster. Want to paint the wall
    dmatos Posts: 204, Reputation: 26

Jan 7, 2007, 10:55 PM
    If you want to paint the wall, you should really remove all of the wallpaper first anyway. I've pulled some tile off my wall, and the resulting surface was a horrible mess. It took a while working with durabond (for the big holes) and drywall compound (for the finishing coats) to make it nice and smooth again.
    margaret70 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dmatos
    If you want to paint the wall, you should really remove all of the wallpaper first anyway. I've pulled some tile off of my wall, and the resulting surface was a horrible mess. It took a while working with durabond (for the big holes) and drywall compound (for the finishing coats) to make it nice and smooth again.

It wasn't wallpaper that I was removing it was the paper from the wallboard that came off while taking the tile off. Left a huge mess. Grout that is left is hard to get off. There are no holes in the wall . Just can't seem to get the remaining grout off the wall and wanted to see if there was a better way to do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Set Tile Grout [ 7 Answers ]

My Son-in-law Tiled His Bathroom Floor And Did Not Wash The Grout Off The Tiles When He Was Done. Consequently, It Hardened. I'm Wondering Whether There's A Solvent For This Hardened Grout. The Tiles Do Not Have A Smooth Surface, But Rather Many Small Depressions And Grooves With The Hardened Grout...

Shower wall tile grout leaking [ 1 Answers ]

After every shower, carpet corner just outside the shower door is very wet. Shower wall is made of ceramic tile. I covered and taped the wall with large plastic. I didn't see anymore leaks. I removed the plastic and inspected the grouts and corners very closely. I don't see any cracks. Can the...

Shower floor tile and grout remain wet looking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new shower with 2X2 marble slate flooring. After each shower I take an area of "wet looking" tile and grout expands. I read up on it and seem to think that the drain weep holes may be clogged but my contractor doesn't think so (but hasn't checked to see which would mean taking out the...

Shower tile floor and grout remains wet looking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new shower with 2X2s marble floor tile. Every time we take a shower an area of dark, wet looking tile and grout expands. Soon my entire floor will look that way. I've done some research and think that the drain weep holes may be clogged causing water accumulation to saturate my floor...

View more questions Search