Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lenga Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2010, 05:18 AM
    A ball in hot air balloon free falling bodies
    A ball is dropped from a balloon at a height of 195 meters. If the balloon is rising 29.3 m/s, find the highest point reached by the ball and the time of flight.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2010, 08:51 AM

I'll take upwards as positive and downwards as negative.

Use the equation:

to find the highest speed.

v = 0
    u = 29.3 m/s
    a = -9.8 m/s^2
    s = (h + 195) m

The time of flight can be found using the formula:

s = -195 m
    u = 29.3 m/s
    t = ?
    a = -9.8 m/s^2

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie: woman releases balloon into air [ 3 Answers ]

I think the movie was released in the last decade. Someone drives the woman to a remote location, where she releases a balloon into the air in order to "let go of" someone who has died. That's the only scene I can remember. Any ideas which movie this is?

Free Fall Objects in a hot air balloon [ 1 Answers ]

A hot air balloon is rising upward with a constant speed of 15 m/s. When the balloon is 4 m above the ground, the balloonist accidentally drops a compass over the side. What is the speed before it hits the ground? And How high above the ground is the balloon when the compass hits the ground?

Old kids movie (puppets, telescope, hot air balloon, evil minions) [ 2 Answers ]

Im trying to find the name of an old movie I watched when I was a kid. I used to own it bit I don't know where it went. I can't remember much of the plot. I remember there was an evil guy in some sort of tower or mountain with a telescope. I think his evil minions had no arms and really big...

80's children movie with hot air balloon and bad guy [ 6 Answers ]

This is driving both myself and my brother nuts. There was this movie, or series of movie in the late 80s... it may have been canadian... I'm not sure. There was a boy and a girl and they had a dog with a weird antennae thing on its head... they were always trying to run away from this bad guy...

Which accelerates more while falling through the air - b-ball rockfilled or hollow? [ 1 Answers ]

Question: Two basketballs are dropped from a high building through the air. One ball is hollow and the other filled with rocks. Which accelerates more? Defend your answer. My answer: Although the basketball with rocks in it has more mass than the hollow basketball, they both have the same...

View more questions Search