Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Piccsweety Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Want to buy a house...
    My boyfriend and I are currently renting and looking to purchase a house. He is 29 and I am 25. Currently we are about 7 months pregnant and I have been out of work since September due to a quick move and lack of options in the condition that I am in. He is a high school teacher and gets paid decently. I used to be a teacher before we had to make the quick move for his new job. Neither one of us have great credit, mine being worse than his and with only one income as of right now, I'm wondering what our options are. We have found a couple of houses in the $150,00-$175,000 range. Being pregnant and having a child limits me as far as work because I do not want to get a job to pay for day care and have all of my income go to that, when I could just as easily stay at home and raiser her myself. I plan to open a private music lesson business in the fall when the beginners start on their instruments and we get a little more settled. If I get enough students (which realistically I think I can) it will actually be quite lucrative. It's sort of a catch 22 though, because in this area, to teach private lessons, I would need to move up north several miles (out of the current area that we are in) and into a house, but to do that, I need a job. I know that the more money we can put down the better, but what are the chances that we will even get a decent loan from a broker? If you have any advice I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2007, 04:38 PM
    It is possible to get possible offers for loans from a broker, they are going to be based on all the factors you named, your credit and his credit ( assuming you are bying the home together) and what his income is compared to the amount of the loan and how much down payment, and how much the property is selling for compared to the apprased value

You will not know for sure till you try and one persons decent is not always decent for another, so it that may depend on what you are expecting

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would you buy a house where someone was murdered/died? [ 21 Answers ]

I just am curious what everyone thinks, would you buy a house where someone died in it recently? How about a house where someone was murdered or committed suicide? My answers: I live in a house where someone died, but peacefully of old age... I would not buy a house where someone was murdered...

Cost basis for 4 heirs of a house when 2 want to buy out other 2? [ 2 Answers ]

4 siblings inherited a house from father and got an independent appraisal for value RANGE of $185,000-$210,000 and a suggested listing price of $204,000 on day of death. Question 1: Which of these figures is the FAIR MARKET VALUE of the home that should be the stepped-up cost basis for the...

Can I break my lease to buy a house? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to research online and I'm not getting anywhere. I live in Iowa, and my lease automatically renewed May 1 for another year because I didn't give 62 days notice. I unexpectedly was able to buy a house, which was not something I thought I would be able to do. Now my landlord is...

Would you buy.. yes or no [ 3 Answers ]

Was considering Cub Cadet till I saw MTD makes them.. would you still buy knowing MTD makes it?

What the best PC to buy [ 3 Answers ]

Please tell me what the best PC to buy. I have a dell PC about a year now and have had trouble twice.

View more questions Search