Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PrttyBrownEyez21 Posts: 121, Reputation: 2

Nov 28, 2010, 03:50 PM
    Need an idea for American Gothic Parody
    For my art class final we have to pick a famous piece of work and draw it ourselves but with our own spin to it,like turn it into a parody. I chose to do American Gothic.For those who aren't familiar it's the one with the man and the woman standing in front of a house and the man is holding a pitchfork.I want to do something original but I don't know what to do. We're supposed to change the picture,I want to change the people and change the house but I'm not sure what would be a good idea. Any suggestions?I would really appreciate the help

Andrew916 Posts: 182, Reputation: 33

Nov 30, 2010, 02:16 AM
    You could have the two individuals be contrasting stereotypes of our time. Maybe the man could be an NRA junkie with the NRA cap and a rifle and maybe the woman could be a stripper next to a pole and the house could be the white house. It'd definitely be a twist on the original.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What country artist sang the hello wall parody in 1960s [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking for a country singer ( I thought was Tex Ritter) that sang a parody version of hello wall. Since the original song came out in 1961, it must have been mid 1960s. Lyrics went like this Hello wall I didn't see you standing there Did I hurt you? Boy, I sure did hit you square....

Gothic communities and cultures [ 2 Answers ]

I'm doing a research paper for school, whereas I'm comparing and contrasting Amish and Goth. Do gothic people have their own communities like the Amish do?

Studio parody [ 1 Answers ]

I am searching for the title of a 1930's movie which is about a bunch of writers at a movie studio causing chaos with their schemes.

American gothic [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know a site that I can actually watch the movie american gothic online for free the one that came out in 1988

View more questions Search