Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 28, 2010, 03:18 PM

I was poking around on the university web site. Looks like a cool place to be. (I've driven through Windsor many times, traveling between Chicago and my home near Rochester, NY.)

I wish I could role-play with you and open you up to a little social life. We could have fun!
    thatloservirgin Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2010, 08:59 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Oh, cool. I'm still waiting to get accepted, so I hope that goes through. If not, there goes any hopes of actually meeting people, and my degree. :(

I think I would still be completely nervous and shy. :P
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2010, 11:56 AM

Better off a 22 year old virgin than a 21 year old non-virgin with Herpes, HPV, or AIDS.

You are still a virgin because you actually have standards... and won't sleep with anything that has a pulse.

Don't be ashamed of it... and don't lower your standards.
    thatloservirgin Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2010, 04:36 PM
    Comment on smoothy's post
    I wish I could call it standards. I have never ever had a friend that was a female. I understand having standards in relationships, but friends? I just can't find it in me to communicate to girls, if I tried, I would instantly choke up.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2010, 09:55 PM
    I believe one of the most potent aphrodisiacs is confidence.

It is sexy as sin.

And it cannot be outright bought.

I've a good friend who is pakistani... comes to me all the time for advice about women. Part of this is tied to his "strict" upbringing and lack of being able to talk about these things with his parents... but he also has struggled to connect with others... struggled to go outside himself... it takes time and effort and work. Maybe more work than many others need to do... but you are faced only with your needs.

My friend has a beautiful girlfriend. It took time. Lots and lots of time. He had self doubt. Frustration. Anger. Sadness. But... he also focused on positioning himself. Working on his career and his education.

You are likely going to need to take some risks and continue to be willing to "fail"... but it really isn't failure.

Failure is when a person doesn't even take that chance to try. Trying and not getting the result you want... that is not failing.

Best you can do is to continue to focus on yourself... my experience is that when I was most ready for new love, it never came. Then... suddenly... there were three women, all interesting, all interested in me, all at once.

Life is just wacked. Maddening. But I own it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being a virgin at 20 [ 17 Answers ]

My name is clay I'm 19 years old, almost 20, and I'm still a virgin, and I'm not a virgin by choice, I'm a virgin because I keep getting rejected, I have alopecia which means that I'm bald I have no eye brows, and I'm unattractive. My confidence is down to 0 and I don't know what to do, I'm a very...

View more questions Search