Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dlbeachjr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2010, 09:45 AM
    I need to renew my mother's u.s. military issued passport
    My mother was born 1936 in Japan of a Korean father and Japanese mother. She married my U.S. born father who was a Marine in Iwakuni, Japan in 1964. She moved to the U.S. with him in 1968 where he retired in 1980. They have since divorced. I would like to take her to visit Japan but she has an expired U.S. (U.S. Military Family?) issued passport which had expired many years ago. She has resided here since 1968 but is not a U.S. citizen. I am frankly not sure of her citizenship because I am not familiar with Japanese nationality laws due to her parent's interracial marriage. How do I go about getting her a passport of some kind so that she can travel and return to the U.S. She is also not sure of her nationality (whether she is considered Korean or Japanese). Her birth certificate was destroyed during WWII but somehow my father obtained the necessary documents to bring her here to the U.S. She was born in Kyoto, Japan and has never been to Korea. She was educated and lived in Japan her whole life until her marriage to my father. She does have a U.S. green card that was issued due to her marriage to my father.

Check out some similar questions!

Military Issued Passport [ 1 Answers ]

My son is marring a girl in the Air force fresh out of school in Texas and being sent to the UK 8-31-10. They have been handling and faxing paperwork for two months,just when they had everything they needed, and were planning on flying out together,Air force says, My son, a civilian spouse needs a...

What can I do to renew my Passport [ 2 Answers ]

I used to renew my Passport at Consulate Portuguese in London but last month I found the doors are closed at all the time and no one is allowed to go inside, I ring to the Consulate many times but no answer. My Passport expired two month ago. Can I send my old Passport to the Consulate by post,...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.