Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Redi2learn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2010, 09:07 AM
    Installing new canned lights
    I want to wire 4 canned lites to a new dimmer switch with power from a J box in the celing, how can I do this without burnning my house down and blowing a fuse each time I turn the switch on?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 27, 2010, 09:26 AM

If you already have a switch and a ceiling box you are in good shape. The next step is to plan how you will set each box and get cable run to each box, you may have to open the ceiling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing new ceiling lights and wall switch [ 4 Answers ]

I recently purchased 2 flurescent ceiling lights to install where there have been none. I also installed a new wall switch wired from a baseboard outlet. My problem is that when the light is switched on it throws the circuit breaker. I've checked my wiring (bl. To bl. wh. To wh. and ground to...

Wiring Canned Lights to a Single Dimmer [ 2 Answers ]

Ok.. I've searched and searched and can't find either clarity or info on how to do this... even though I know it's do-able. Here's my situation, I have 4 canned lights I want to wire to a single dimmer. The power has to go into the light first. ...

Installing new ceiling lights [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking to put in a ceiling light in our living room the only thing is there is no existing light there. There is no room left in my circuit panel, can I tap into the existing circuit in the living room?

Installing a photocell to outside lights [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to install a photocell to my outsdie light From the house I have a green wire (earth) brown (live) blue (neurtral) From the light I have brown (live) blue (neutral) From photocell red, blue, brown,

View more questions Search