Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    awayandalone Posts: 92, Reputation: 32

Nov 26, 2010, 06:55 PM
    Do good things really fall apart so better things can fall together?
    Heard this quote the other day that reads "good things fall apart so better things can fall together". This made me think about my current situation, my last relationship was good and after three months of it ending it still hurts that its over, but after finally sticking to NC I know I am doing better.

I'm interested in hearing from people who had what they believe to be a good or great relationship end and then later on had better things happen to them. Be it a relationship, work, new friends, better health, anything really. Please share your insights.

This is the link to my other post if your interested in seeing what I've been through:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/how-has-she-lost-all-feelings-me-513805.html

Basically I have this question because I did feel my relationship was great and although I'm doing better I guess I still have some of those ridiculous thoughts that I won't find anyone better.

Please share your experiences, hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2010, 07:08 PM

I think you can find that anywhere on this forum, stories of people who have come here hopelessly depressed and then turning their life around. I don't like to refer to it as a "better" life. I think it just ends up being different. We learn to adapt. A couple of things my breakup up did to me was motivate me to quit smoking, cut down on drinking and partying, going to school and actually taking it seriously, and living a much healthier all around life. It's important to note that I did this all for me, not to get her back or impress other girls. I guess learning to live for my happiness was key.

There are many stickies at the top of this forum. All of the experts on here were once in your shoes, as was I. We all go through it. You don't know how to handle a break up until you've gone through it. Same thing goes for a heartbreak.
    batmanswife Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Dec 8, 2010, 08:45 AM
    Well personally I'm no sure if I believe it.. I mean I was with the same guy for 4 1/2 months... we broke up right before the summer... he has even cheated on me once... but I still love him. I never thought things would get better but then I met a new guy. Id known him for about 2 years but we'd never been close or anything.. I admitted to having a crush as did he. He asked me out and I was happy. But I still though about guy #1 everyday.. I am now with guy #1 and we are happy.. we have issues but whatever.. I think things fall apart to teach you a lesson but you will end up happy. I hope this helps !
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2010, 09:49 AM

I have to agree with KC, I don't believe its better. But I do believe my life has be expanded or grown. Isn't that what life is, all of the different experiences that have touched our lives, and how we have dealt with them. I hope that looking back on those ups and downs that when going through them that I have not only grown from them, but dealt with them mostly with in a honorable way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lord I need your anointing to fall to fall down on me [ 3 Answers ]

CHORUS Lord I need Your Anointing To fall To Fall down on me LEAD Lord I need Your Anointing To fall

Is it a good idea to fall pregnant when I'm 18? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 18 and my boyfriend is so obbessed to have a baby me too I want a baby but I'm not sure do you think is a good idea? We both want a baby

Will going to japan make things with my spouse good again, will I find a good job [ 1 Answers ]

Wonder if it is good idea to travel to japan to be with spouse and if I do will our lives be better and will I be able to find a good paying job there or should we stay apart during this deployment to help us or will it break us

I am looking for the name of a song that has the words, fall down on me fall fall [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of a song that has the words, Fall down on me Fall Fall Build me up Fall fresh on me

View more questions Search