Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taybug16 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2010, 05:03 PM
    Old computer game can anyone help?
    I have an old computer game from 1998 and I would really love to play it again but when I insert the disk all this junk comes up and it won't let me play it... the game is rugrats adventure game rescue reptar. This box pops up and says run game or close I select run then this other box pops up and says sorry this game has encountered a problem. At the bottom you can press send error report or don't send error report.. but no matter what it don't workk. Can you please give me suggestions on what to do? THANKS (:
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2010, 08:55 PM
    From a quick search online, I could not find any details about that game specifically. What operating system was it made for? Chances are you will need an emulator since old games do not mix well with newer operating systems.
    taybug16 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2010, 09:10 AM
    Comment on FadedMaster's post
    Um I have windows xp but I don't know if that's what your talking about
    Hello24 Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Nov 28, 2010, 04:24 AM
    Hey I know that game
    I use to like it too:)
    So u can't install the game?
    Try go to your cd drive and right click on it and click open
    And look for install
    I hope I helped ;)
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2010, 11:41 AM
    What operating system was the game made to run on? If it is made to run in MS-DOS then you should look into DosBox as an emulator. It can be a pain to get to work sometimes though. On DosBox's website there is plenty of documentation on how to set it up and get it working. But like I said, this all assumes that the game is made to run on MS-DOS. It should say on the packaging what the required OS is. If you don't know, then perhaps you could clarify the title of the game.

The following games are listed as Rugrats PC games according to Wikipedia:

Rugrats in Paris - The Movie
    Rugrats: Totally Angelica Boredom Busters
    Rugrats: Go Wild
    Rugrats: All Growed Up - Older and Bolder
    Rugrats Activity Challenge
    Rugrats Adventure Game*
    Rugrats Muchin Land
    The Rugrats Mystery Adventures

* I assume this is possibly the game you are talking about and Wikipedia just doesn't list the subtitle as "Rescue Reptar".

If the above assumption is correct, follow the below steps and let me know if it works:

1. Create a folder for the Rugrats Adventure Game.
    2. Go inside the PROGRAM folder on the disc.
    3. Copy all the contents and put them in the folder you created.
    4. Go inside the QTWSETUP folder on the disc.
    5. Copy the DATA.Z file and put it into the folder you created.
    6. Use an extractor, like Universal Extractor, to extract DATA.Z's contents into the folder you created. 7-zip should also work.
    7. Then run RUGRATS.EXE (Make sure the disc is in DVD/CD drive) (If you are using XP or Vista, make sure you have compatibility mode on to Windows 95)

To set compatibility mode: Right click on the RUGRATS.EXE file, choose properties, click the "compatibility" tab, then check something that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and choose Windows 95.
    ohfadedjade Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2012, 08:17 AM
    I am trying to install the Rugrats Mystery Adventures on Vista, and there is no QTWSETUP folder and no Data.z file.
    ohfadedjade Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2012, 08:21 AM
    I am trying to install the Rugrats Mystery Adventures on Windows 7*, and there is no QTWSETUP folder and no Data.z file.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old Space Computer Game [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys , another hopeless question.. I played this computer game 15yrs ago, it's very simple graphics. Set in space you colonize planets and mine just 3 minerals or resources on them which looks like 3 columns green yellow and red. The battle with other ships looks like being on the grid. It's not...

Sims 2 computer game [ 3 Answers ]

I wanted to know how do you create a sim to hate each other?

Computer Game Error [ 1 Answers ]

I have Windows 7 and my computer game seems to be having issues with it. It says that The program can't start because d3drm.dll is missing from your computer. Try re-installing the program to fix the problem. So I tried re-installing a couple of times and every time this popped up after I clicked...

90's computer game [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: there was this, I guess educational, computer game, where you run around finding clues. The character was in a blue trenchcoat and a red cap. He also was always holding a magnifiying glass. I used to love it when I was younger (the game was in the 90s) and I can't think of it to keep my...

View more questions Search