Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Nov 25, 2010, 06:10 PM
    One month until Christmas
    OK.. just a survey... someone would have eventually asked this one... who else is torn about sending Christmas Greetings ( in the form of cards or perhaps a present) to your ex and/or their family? Any specific reasons or why not?

Merry Christmas everyone!
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Nov 25, 2010, 06:22 PM

I give cards and or presents to anyone that I like and want to. I don't do duty giving and I don't do giving with the expectation of receiving in return.
    As far as exes are concerned I never stayed close enough to any to want to, but I did stay close to the family of one and exchanged cards and gifts with them for many years after splitting with the ex. My exe's mum always sent gifts for my children, and my hubby was quite happy about everything by the way.

Merry christmas to you too. Now you're making me think I'm not remotely prepared for it lol.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 25, 2010, 06:36 PM

Those exes I'm still friends with are included in my Christmas cards etc.

We're still friends, so why wouldn't I send them a card or a gift?
    pandead Posts: 280, Reputation: 228

Nov 25, 2010, 08:22 PM

I spent Christmas with my ex-husband's family for 8 years until we broke up, so they are getting cards (no gifts because he brings his new girlfriend there now and I wouldn't want to make anyone comfortable with my awesome gifts!)

I'd like to send a card to my last boyfriend's mom and grandparents (they've been wonderful last Christmas treating me like "family") but I won't. He's been trying to contact me in every possible way and I've been going NC for months now so it would probably open some doors I might want to stay away from.

Since cards and/or gifts mean "I'm thinking of you", better be careful who you are thinking of! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Christmas cartoon - 12 days of Christmas [ 4 Answers ]

I've been trying to figure out WHAT this show is called... I just can't remember! Okay, first of all, I think it was called "The 12 Days of Christmas" or something pertaining to that subject. The characters were bear-like. But the story is told by a plucky lady partridge. There was a king who...

Month to month lease Do I still have to pay the full month if I move out in 15 days [ 1 Answers ]

I am on month to month lease now. I want to tell them I want to move on the 15 of October. Am I required to pay a full month rent if I don't be there?

Landlord Requiring 2 month Vacating Notice on 3 month (month to month) lease [ 21 Answers ]

I am in a situation and am in need of some advice. I am currently renting an apartment in Minneapolis. I am doing an internship which only requires me to live here for 3 Months. I signed a lease with a complex on a month to month basis. I planned to Move out at the end of April, so on march 1 I...

Upstate NY Month to Month lease termination- Prorated rent after 1st of next month? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, As a month to month renter in Rochester, NY (outside the city) with no lease, I gave notice on June 3 that I would be moving out on July 1. My landlord proceeded to tell me that I would be responsible for the ENTIRE month of July's rent, even though my 30 day notice would take me to the...

Your Top Christmas Carols & Christmas Songs [ 38 Answers ]

Ok it's that time of year when the holidays are around :) and I was just thinking what are people's top Carols or Chritmas songs that they like? Christmas songs for me would be The Pogues, Fairytale of New York ;) and my Christmas Carol would have to be Joy To The World :) ! Please feel...

View more questions Search