Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amhd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2003, 06:48 AM
    Spell checking is disabled in one Document in Word
    Dear Word Expert:

The spell checking is disabled in one of my Word documents (Word 97).

If I copy the entire document to a new page in Word, the spell checking becomes enable.

Do you have any other way to fix it except copying and pasting into another new page?

earthpages Posts: 44, Reputation: 6

Jul 25, 2003, 10:51 AM
    Spell checking is disabled in one Document in
    Hi.. I've had that problem with longer documents in Word97. I haven't found the solution myself. But if it's a shorter document, try, while in Word 97, clicking

Tools > Options > Spelling and Grammar

And then make sure that in the "Spelling" area, "check spelling as you type" and "always suggest corrections" are check-marked in the box (and maybe experiment with just checking the first one to see if that helps)

And if you want grammar checked, do the same thing in that section--i.e. make sure "check grammar with spelling" is checked in the box

Hope this helps!

And if you figure out how to get it to work with a longer document.. LET ME KNOW! 8)
    earthpages Posts: 44, Reputation: 6

Jan 24, 2006, 10:47 PM
    I finally did find the answer...
    What you do is select the entire document (CTRL A) and convert it to Arial. That must use less RAM or something. Because spell and grammar come back then. Once you're done, you can always change it into another font.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jpg to word document [ 12 Answers ]

I have received a scanned word document that is in jpg format. Is there a way I can take jpg and paste it into Word so I can work on it?

Removing Previously opened document Word File Menu [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having a question. Normally when we open a word document and select the File Menu, then we come across all previously opened (about 4) word files. Now I want to remove those existing files which show up when we start a word document. I know how to overwrite it, by opening a few other...

MS Word & Spell Check [ 14 Answers ]

Okay, guys, I know this is the best place to get my answer. When typing my papers in MS Word and then doing a spell check I get the message that Word has completed searching the document and everything is spelled correctly. But, the problem is, everything is NOT spelled correctly. I have...

Scanning text into a Word XP document [ 4 Answers ]

My professor needs to have her published economics instructor's manual scanned into a Word document . What scanner and software is capable of doing this? The office has an old HP ScanJet 4C flatbed scanner. Thanks.

View more questions Search