Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tommy and patti Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 05:48 AM
    Central Heat/blows cold air in unit downstairs

\

Our heating unit (central) is blowing cold air. This is only occurring in downstairs unit. There are 2 separate units in the home.
    Any ideas on what to do before calling an expert?

The HVAC unit is all electric. It is set to Auto. We had problems with the A/C where you gad to set the thermostat all the way down before the compressor would kick on... sometimes. We had a tech come out and said all was fine. Now the problem with the heat where it only blows cold air.

Maybe a thermostat ptoblem?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Sounds like the downstairs furnace is broken. There is not enough information provided to start to tell you why, make sure the fan switch on the thermostat is set to auto.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blows cold air [ 3 Answers ]

Yesterday my furnace stopped heating my home. It is 3 years old & I did some minor troubleshooting. The filter is not clogged and the blower is circulating air normally. I checked inside the unit & the ignitor coil is heating and starting the gas jets burning, but they shut off after about 10...

Please help:Furnace still blows cold air... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi again, I posted my situation a few days ago with very little response, so I wanted to follow up again before calling out a technician. I have a Goodman gas furnace, about three years old. It has electronic pilot ignition, which works fine and will enable the burner flame... the problem is the...

Furnace blows cold air... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a new member and thought I had already posted my question, but I can't seem to locate it. So, here I go again. Condensed version: Goodman Gas Furnace... 2years old. Blows cold air. Electronic ignition... ignites flame burners, but they turn off prematurely after about 2-3min. Then after a...

Cold Air is coming from my Carrier Gas Pack Unit and I need Heat [ 0 Answers ]

I have a carrier gas pack unit and the cooling part works properly. It's starting to get cold, so I turned on the heat, but only cold air blows out of it. I've contacted my gas company and they said there is no pilot light, so there is no way it could've gone out, and theytold me I should contact...

View more questions Search