Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sideoutshu Posts: 225, Reputation: 23

Jan 7, 2007, 05:08 AM
    Connecting American PS2 to European TV
    I am in Poland for 9 days and I brought my American Playstation. Unfortunately, the connections to the TV are different. They have the 21 pin SCART connection and my PS2 uses RCA cables. I have done some looking on the internet and found that the cables to adapt are available. Are there any problems other then the connection with using the American PS2 on a European TV?
    dmatos Posts: 204, Reputation: 26

Jan 7, 2007, 11:35 PM
    Er, I don't know if the PS2 can autodetect, but North America and Europe run on different picture standards. NA uses NTSC, and Eur uses PAL. You can't watch European VHS videos on North American VCRs/televisions for this reason.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ps2 not working [ 13 Answers ]

Hi all Could someone tell me the answer of what I can do here? When me ps2 was still under warranty... I had a problem with "not reading disks" error. I sent the console out for repair and when it returned... things worked fine. Now, the games will not work again! No error comes up at all...

Connecting PS2 to Bush Digital TV [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I have just bought a new TV, it has built in freeview and dvd player (IDVD146TV model.) It's a great TV except I can't get my playstation 2 to work on it. It has a scart at the back and also a front av for audio and video input cables. I've tried both and tuned in the TV but I can't get a...

Ps2 [ 3 Answers ]

My son puts a game in the PS2 and the door closes and then pops back open pushing the game out. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

PS2 not working? [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a new game and its not working hoew do I get it to work?

Ps2 Has Broke? [ 2 Answers ]

My Sons Ps2 Has Brok Need To Repiare It Be For He Has A Stroke Or With Draws From Not Getting To Play? There Is No Place Tha Will Fix It Here In Jonesboro Ar?

View more questions Search