Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scenekid Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2010, 12:40 PM
    My boy friend is really shy like me and people are presuring us to kiss
    Me and my boyfriend are really shy and every one keeps pressuring us to kiss and hold hands and we have only gone out for a week and a half what should I do. We are in middle school and its my friends and his friends doing the pressure should we just kiss because I just want to wait until the right time to do it what's your advice because we really do like eatchother
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 24, 2010, 12:43 PM

You will find out as you grow up that some people you consider friends will always be pushing you to do something that makes you slightly, or even majorly, uncomfortable. Now, what do you do about that? Do you give your power and control away to those supposed friends, and maybe end up feeling bad or even messing up your life somehow -- or do you keep your power?

I hope you always decide to keep your power and do what is comfortable and right.
    SeirraA Posts: 13, Reputation: 6

Nov 25, 2010, 08:39 AM
    Friends do that all the time. But don't do it until it feels right and comfortable, not compulsory.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 12, 2010, 04:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SeirraA View Post
    Friends do that all the time.
    Real friends DO NOT do that.

You don't say how old you are, but Middle School could be 13 or younger. This is one of the reasons, children in that age group should NOT be dating one on one. Do your parents know you have a "boyfriend"? Do they approve?
    scenekid Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2010, 09:12 AM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    My parents died in a car accident 3yrs ago my older sisster takes care of me and she doesn't care what I do or when I do it
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 18, 2010, 06:39 PM

First, don't use the comments for follow-up, use the answer options instead.

Second, I'm sorry your sister cares so little about you. But you didn't answer my questions about your age.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 18, 2010, 08:09 PM

One should never do something they do not feel good about, merely because others think you should

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A boy said he would kiss me but not as his next kiss. What does this mean? [ 6 Answers ]

I was talking to this guy over Facebook chat and we got into this conversation where we were just asking each other questions about love life and being totally honest with each other. He asked me who I would want to kiss in our year. After a load of ermms and hmms I said him. Then I asked whether...

Do I need a psychologist if I'm shy with people? [ 2 Answers ]

It's the same problem that followed me every day through my entire life that people hates me. Since I was in 1st grade, girls makes fun of me and hurts me every single day with hurtful remarks and I just couldn't stand to cry everyday and locked myself into my room, I even went to three different...

Extremely shy and boy challenged [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I'm in need of advice, please. I'm extremely shy, and boy challenged. I hardly talk to my family and people I don't know. I meen I am SUPER shy. When I go someplace, I'll smile and mouth the words "hi" akwardly to people. I look down and won't make eye contact, and hugs make me go into a...

SO SHY AND are people afraid to talk to me? [ 4 Answers ]

So I have been in a horrible relationship for 10 years. I have been physically, emotionally and verbally abused. I have one child from this relationship. I am 27 years old now. We have been broken up for a good while now, but he still loves to threaten me constantly, expsecialy about being with...

View more questions Search