Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lastcallll Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2010, 11:47 AM
    4 years after divorce I need help. Pleaseee
    I was divorced in early 2007. I gave my wife everything she asked , even going against our pre nup. I was dealing with bad mental issues and on lots of Meds . I paid her attorneys,per our pre nup, that her lawyer noted. Now alomost 4 yrs later she's saying I didn't pay, and wants to hold me in contempt. Is there a statue of limitations? The judge ordered me 2 pay with 90 days.. also After reading everything I see that her and her lawyer took advantage of my metal issues in getting me to agree to all this( she is a nurse and sent me to her doctors) . Is it to late to charge her with scheming to defraud, or any other crime?
    killerwhales22 Posts: 52, Reputation: -3

Dec 10, 2010, 03:48 PM
    It is never to late
    CarrotTalker Posts: 392, Reputation: 189

Dec 13, 2010, 07:37 PM

Your best bet would be to consult your lawyer.

Do you have evidence of paying her and her attorney, be it old bank statements, canceled checks, etc?

Edit: I Just realized this post is from a month ago, my bad
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2010, 07:52 PM

So if you paid, you have proof that you paid, so let her take you back to court
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2010, 09:41 AM

They're right. If you paid him already you should have receipts to prove it.

You really need to consult an attorney so she doesn't take you for anything else!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am 26 years divorce old lady with a kid of 7 years . But m in love with a guy who [ 9 Answers ]

I am 26 years divorce old lady with a kid of 7 years . But m in love with a guy who is married and that guy love me and but he love his wife a lot as well . I work for a BPO and I have a lot of mental stress of work, divorce case and my recent love . What should I do? I tried of not to be in...

Married 30 years and am a respondent in a divorce, suppose to be MY divorce. [ 3 Answers ]

I answered and contested within 20 days, Am seeking temporary support and the martial home to raise our children. Husband did not respond to contested answer, ( 20 days has passed). My request for emergency support was denied, but we will go before a magistrate soon. Husband walked out on us, no...

I need to know. Pleaseee [ 2 Answers ]

I started my last period around July 10th.. I have had unprotected sex and I think I might be pregnant. I was using because, but I stopped about 4 months ago. My breasts are swollen and very tender, as well as my nipple being bigger than the size of a silver dollar. I also haven't had my period....

Pleaseee tell me what song this is [ 3 Answers ]

You me and you there's not another 2 Its just me and you Why do we fight Why do we cry and break up Don't speak to each other We turn around and we make up Give her a kiss give her a hug Tell her you love her Tell her you love her

More Help! Pleaseee [ 5 Answers ]

Okay I need as many answers as I can get. Well you're most probably tired of me lol. But this time it's kind of serious. My girlfriend is acting so awkward with me and I'm not liking it at all. Were in love I know it, well I'm in love with HER but lately there's this one stupid rule that she...

View more questions Search