Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gwu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2007, 02:29 AM
    Excel - draw confidence bands
    Hello all,

I am a new comer and am glad to meet you all.

I am a beginner in Excel. I am searching answer on the following problem.

I have some data and I have plotted a trendline using the regression built-in function of excel. There is output data for 95% confidence - both upper and lower. How can I plot the upper and lower confidence bands on the same graph with the trendline? Many thanks.

Gerald
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2007, 04:11 AM
    You can easily get the equation of the trendline, and then formulate lines with +- 5% from that line, create the data, then you can plot that line on the same graph easily?

That would be the way I would do it, I'm not very good at using the inbuilt function in excel so maybe someone knows of an easier way to do it
    gogosean Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

May 7, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gwu
    Hello all,

I am a new comer and am glad to meet you all.

I am a beginner in Excel. I am searching answer on the following problem.

I have some data and I have plotted a trendline using the regression built-in function of excel. There is output data for 95% confidence - both upper and lower. How can I plot the upper and lower confidence bands on the same graph with the trendline? Many thanks.

Gerald
    Every beta weight aka coefficient and intercept, has it's own confidence interval. Use all the upper ones in the calc, and use all the lower ones in the calc. Don't forget the intercept!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401K With draw [ 5 Answers ]

Ok I'm in a place I need money but have no job and don't know what I am doing in trying to get some money to put on a apartment with a friend and I need to know how to do a draw from the 401k for a start to a new life.

Just LOVE to draw... [ 7 Answers ]

Okay, Im 20, just left my job due to problems. I was a secretary (borrrrrring!) I've always has a passion for drawing, painting (mainly abstract, surreal, whatever) and I've been told I really have a gift ;-) So now I'm just a bit confused as to where to go from here. I'd love to express my...

Moving horizontal bands [ 2 Answers ]

I just replaced my front projection TV with a new rear projection HDTV. I had horizontal line/lines that moved up the picture in the old set and was hoping it would go away with the new set…no such luck. New set uses only the component inputs from my audio/video equipment that is located on...

Excel line chart with "confidence band" [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this forum and need help with a line chart in Excel. I have 40 years of annual data, each expressed as a mean with a confidence interval (CI) having an upper limit (UL) and a lower limit (LL). Instead of plotting the data using error bars to show the CI, I wanted to plot 3...

Any good bands a lot like these... [ 6 Answers ]

hey, I have been listening to good charlotte for the past year or so, on my 256mb mp3, and now I'm going to get a video iPod 60gb. So I decided to expand my music collection. I just got some nirvana, my chemical romance, my bloody valentine and mudhoney songs, but none of them like good...

View more questions Search