Ask
    garbo2495 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2010, 08:53 PM
    Ceiling fan remote
    ceiling has powerr but has no ligth or does the fan turn
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 24, 2010, 02:15 PM

So you tseted for power from the wires coming into the ceiling box and you get juice , right? What color wires come into the box and how many switches are there. Have you tried plugging the fans blue and white directly into an extension cords to see if the fan even works, this should give you lights. Any pull chains on the fan or remote?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2010, 04:47 PM

What make is the fan? Is it a remote fan?

General ceiling fan troubleshooting and help FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
    Trovatol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 10:15 PM
    Hampton three speed. Not remote. Only runs on high now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost the remote to our ceiling fan - any way to operate fan without remote? [ 6 Answers ]

We have lost the remote to a generic brand ceiling fan. The light still works, but cannot get the fan to work without the remote - any way to override the remote feature and operate the fan - air conditioning is out in house and we are miserable!!

How to change ceiling fan remote batteries on a hamilton bay remote control unit [ 3 Answers ]

Before I break the darn thing, can you tell me if the back panel comes off or if I have to unscrew the top and bottom screws?

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan wall remote and LCD remote [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've just installed 2 harbor breeze fans that came with LCD remote. Everything works as they suppose to. 2 remotes controlling each fan with dip SW set up. Then, I thought it would be nice if I purchase the wall remote unit so that I do not have to search for remote all the time....

Remote Ceiling Fan- Lost REmote [ 2 Answers ]

I have a remote ceiling fan - the remote is lost- it has no pull on and off - is there a backup way to turn this fan on and off?

Ceiling fan remote control coverting to light/fan dimmer [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently remodeling my home and am coming across a major problem that NO ONE seems to have an answer for. I have two ceiling fans that operate via remote control. The rest of the ones in my home are the popular "pull down" chains - and those work prefectly with the new fan/light dimmers...

View more questions Search