Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DebbieNMark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2010, 07:39 PM
    Pet deposits?
    What are the legal rules and regulations in California regarding pet deposits?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2010, 06:14 AM

Hello D:

If there's no damage, the deposit must be returned - just like your security deposit.

If you're wondering how much your landlord can charge, the law doesn't address that.

excon
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 24, 2010, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DebbieNMark View Post
    What are the legal rules and regulations in California regarding pet deposits?
    You are essentially asking that someone write an essay on a comprensive subject when nobody but you would probably ever read it. That's the reason you are not likely to get any response. It would be better if you would describe what your precise problem is, in which case you are much more likely to get a useful response (although I am not at all saying excon's response is useless :)).
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 24, 2010, 07:42 AM

Can't give AK another greenie for awhile but well said.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pet deposits [ 1 Answers ]

Do you get a full pet deposit back if no damage is done?

Pet Deposits? [ 2 Answers ]

I decided to get my son a cat after we moved into our new apartment. When it came around to sign a new lease I paid a pet deposit of $300 on top of that they want an additional $20 a month for a "Pet Fee" and it is to be included in my rent each month (no separate check). I just want to know if the...

Pet Deposits [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find some information on pet deposits in Virginia. I rented a house for about 6 months and they just took my entire deposit to replace the carpet in the house. First off, there was nothing wrong with it. When we did the final inspection they even said how nice the carpet looked...

Security deposits/pet deposits - Texas tenant law [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, This involves a lease that went month to month and verbal agreements. During tenants stay, they broke several personal items (sculptures, fountain) on the property and brought in a second dog. In the written lease, there is nothing abuot pets. I gave them erbal permission to have one...

Pet Deposits [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Pennsylvania and when we initially rented our home we were required to put down a $2000 non-refundable pet deposit. In the second year, the landlord asked for an additional $995 non-refundable pet deposit. My question is this, was it legal for her to demand this second deposit or can I...

View more questions Search