Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnny cos Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Shower base
    I am installing a shower base on a concrete slab. Do I need to set the base in thin set or can I just set it on top of the slab and nail it to the wall studs? The shower base has foam underneith it for support.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 7, 2007, 07:40 AM
    If you're satisfied that the foam won't sag or compress over time then you may install it directly on the slab. If you have any doubts about the foam then I would puddle mounds of mortar or cement under the base and drain for added support. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crack in shower base [ 9 Answers ]

I have an acrylic shower base that is only about 3 years old. I noticed today that it has a 3" crack in it about an inch from the drain. I checked it out downstairs and noticed the wood was discolored. So it must have been leaking for awhile. Is there any way that I can fix it without replacing it?...

Shower base... [ 7 Answers ]

Not sure if this is a pluming question or tiling question, so sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. I'm still working on my master bathroom project (some of you may remember me from my "moving a toilet" question). Well, everything is roughed in in its new locations and I am starting to...

Concrete Shower Base [ 3 Answers ]

I am re-doing a bath in a loft with a concrete floor. I would like to have a shower base that is flush with the old concrete floor - and that makes sense to do because I have to cut the concrete to position the new drain anyway. Does anyone know the pluses and minuses of casting a shower base...

Shower base [ 1 Answers ]

I need to install a new shower base over a concrete surface, however the surface is not a normal size for a standard shower base nor is the drain located in the center of the floor. How do I re-route the plumbing to reach the drain, do I elevate the shower base using 2 x 4's and cement boards to...

Concrete Shower Base [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to replace what was an all plastic shower stall located in my basement with a more substantial structure. All of the plumbing is in place but as part of my project I have studded out one wall so that I could re-route the hot and cold water lines inside the new wall. Because of this...

View more questions Search