Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HMikeC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2010, 04:14 PM
    Need replacement switch for Hunter Ceiling fan
    I went to Lowe's where I originally purchased the Hunter Ceiling Fan, they had two switches, one was a 4 wire and one was an 8 wire. The one from my fan happens to be a 4 wire, I installed the switch carefully replacing each wire in the corresponding slot as was on the original one. Once installation was completed I checked the fan and find that the fan now only has one speed and an off, where as before it had 3 and an off. Checking the replacement I find that it is not the same model number as the one I took out. The one removed is ZE-208S6. Can anyone tell me where I can find an exact replacement or how to make the one I have work.
    zeke Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2010, 07:17 AM
    I have run into this several times in repairing restaurant equipment. On the switches I have replaced the C or Common terminal was in a different location than what was on the original switch. Manufacturers bid on parts suppliers and use whoever is cheaper for the same spec product. On both your switches are the terminals marked either by numbers or something that looks like NO, NC, or C?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter Ceiling Fan Replacement Parts [ 2 Answers ]

I need to purchase a new remote for my hunter ceiling fan. I have looks all over the web and I can't find a site that I can just purchase the part. I have the part number.

Hunter ceiling fan Remote control replacement. [ 22 Answers ]

This is driving me nuts. OK I know where the b and w wires go from the fan to the receiver also the " one " that says light out " which is red. What I have left on the receiver is Fan out and Common out. From the fan there is a brown wire by its self and a bundle with red, yel, gray,...

Hunter ceiling fan remote control replacement [ 5 Answers ]

I was given a replacement remote/reciever at Lowe's. Some kid told me it would work. I ohmed out the motor which has two windings (pink to yellow and red to grey). I paralelled the two windings with the new receiver output and neutral. The fan doesn't run as fast as it did before. The winding ohmed...

Hunter Ceiling Fan - replacement Fan and Light Control Capacitor Model # 27185-060 [ 1 Answers ]

I need this replacement part (part number 84368-060) and do not know where to locate one. I have looked on web sites to no avail. Any ideas??

Replacement Hunter Fan/Light wall switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hunter 1912 Mission Bronze 54" fan with 2 lights, one above and one below the blades. The wall switch control has separate dimmer buttons for each light and hi, med, low, and off for the fan. Since a lightning strike the fan only works on hi or off but not on med or low. The light...

View more questions Search