Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fixer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 08:47 PM
    Maytag gas dryer heat shuts down
    My Maytag gas dryer, model DG412 starts normally when cold. After about 20 minutes, the burner shuts down while the drum continues to turn. The burner will not re-light until the dryer has cooled down for a few minutes. The longer it cools before re-lighting, the longer it runs before shutting off again. In other words, if you can get it to re-light after two or three minutes, it will shut off again after only 5 minutes or less. While if you wait until it has cooled for 20 minutes or so, it will burn again for 20 minutes or so before shutting off again. I have checked all your posts. Air flow seems normal.

Any help will be appreciated.
    bhemmelgarn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer
    My Maytag gas dryer, model DG412 starts normally when cold. After about 20 minutes, the burner shuts down while the drum continues to turn. The burner will not re-light until the dryer has cooled down for a few minutes. The longer it cools before re-lighting, the longer it runs before shutting off again. In other words, if you can get it to re-light after two or three minutes, it will shut off again after only 5 minutes or less. While if you wait until it has cooled for 20 minutes or so, it will burn again for 20 minutes or so before shutting off again. I have checked all your posts. Air flow seems normal.

Any help will be appreciated.
    I am having the same issue. I have replace the Thermal Switch on the exhaust side, but it still does not work. It appears to be the Temperature Selector Switch, but when I tried to order one they told me that was a special order 10-12 days and that I should try something else.

Bill
    bhemmelgarn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2007, 01:28 PM
    Sorry, I should have clarified my response. My problem is very similar, but I have a Model DG9316.

Bill

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Neptune Dryer has no heat [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Neptune electric dryer Model# MDE4000AYW, Serial # 28635363YK. I had dried a load of clothes (that took a normal amount of time to dry) and put in a second load to dry. After about three hours I realized the dryer was still running (Yes, I am one of those people that sometimes...

Maytag Gas Dryer LDG8414AAE [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Gas Dryer Model LDG8414AAE - I don't know the age.. . Maybe 8-10 years old. It just stopped heating (tumbles fine, no noises, good air flow). It is not overused or abused. Where do I begin to check this baby out?

Maytag Gas Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

What is the usual reason why a 1996 Maytag gas dryer doesn't heat properly. It seems to finally start getting warmer near the end of a long long cycle on Regualr heat, timed drying (or any of the other cycle choices)

Squealing Maytag MDG3500 Gas Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 2000 Maytag MDG3500BWW Dryer (purchased new in 2001) Over last two weeks, noticed a squealing squeeking noise after startup, subsiding after 5 minutes, then intermittently getting noisey through drying cycle. With each dryer session, the noise gets worse till it is squeeking through whole...

Maytag gas dryer [ 2 Answers ]

My maytag dryer, model ldg482 runs but the heat does not come on. The igniter comes on but the gas doesn't ignite. Any suggestions?? The owners manual is totally useless and I'm reluctant to call in a service man to look at it since I have a complete tool shop and all tools to do anything.

View more questions Search