Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2010, 02:09 PM
    JFK murdered
    Hello:

The only president I ever loved, died 47 years ago today. I remember exactly what I was doing when I heard... Call me sentimental.

excon
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2010, 02:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello:

The only president I ever loved, died 47 years ago today. I remember exactly what I was doing when I heard... Call me sentimental.

excon
    I think many of us have a fair idea what we were doing just like 9/11 and the moon landing even though we are just bystanders
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2010, 06:09 PM

I don't remember it, I was only 3... but I have paid respects both at his grave and where he was killed. I was I don't know, 9 or 10 when we visited Arlington National Cemetery. I won't forget the view of the cemetery, watching the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns, and the eternal flame at his grave.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 22, 2010, 06:24 PM

I remember school letting out and going home to find my grandmother crying for the first time ever that I had seen. It seemed like the world stopped for awhile until we could breath again.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2010, 06:24 PM

I was in elementary school . I don't remember much about it except that we got to watch TV in class on the day of his funeral.

When I was a kid my parents brought a memorial record with highlights of his best speeches and the events that shaped his Presidency. I still have it .
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 22, 2010, 06:37 PM

I too remember. I was a freshman in high school, some kids cheered can you believe that!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

JFK/Double Eagle Gold and Silver 25th Anniversary Coin [ 6 Answers ]

I have a coin that has a gold inlay of Kennedy's face on the front with silver as the rest of the coin (except the double eagles on the back which are also gold). His name is engraved in the silver above his portrait and there are four stars on each side surrounding/under his portrait. The date...

Looking for an artist from1700- 1800 signs JFK [ 0 Answers ]

Painting from the 1700-1800 signed JFK- called mischief? Can't find the artist. Is a child that maybe knocked over a vase?

How was JFK a great president? [ 3 Answers ]

Mainly, how was JFK a great president? How was he involved in the Cuban Missile Crisis, Space Race, Peace Corps, and Civil Rights Movement? How did his involvement affect the United States?

Would JFK have opposed going to war against Iraq as Obama has? [ 28 Answers ]

Or do you believe that George W. Bush is more like JFK? I find it strange that CAROLINE KENNEDY would write something like this- Barack Obama is a President “Like My Father.” http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/27/opinion/27kennedy.html?_r=1&th=&emc=th&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin

View more questions Search