Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetpie88 Posts: 104, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2010, 07:20 PM
    Is my resume too short? Does it need improvements?
    I am looking for a job as an office assistant, file clerk or general office work. I left out my name, address, email, job title and job location and college for my safety.

Summary of Qualifications:
    Detail-oriented
    Strong work ethic
    Ability to work independently and as a team member
    Computer literate

Work Experience
    3/2006-6/2009
    Assisted in filing, organizing, and arranging photographic proofs
    Wrote job numbers and title of the photos

Education
    Courses in Liberal Arts/Humanities and computer info system
    pip1991 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Dec 15, 2010, 06:12 AM
    Remember there are key things to a cv, make sure your home Lang is on it, country you were born in, your birth date, a run down of your subjects in school and other higher education, don't go on too much about exactly how you did your last job just the key duties. I work with a recruitment team I sort CV's out everyday. NO PICTURES, FRAMS, ART WORKS! Text and text alone use new times roman it's a great font easy to read in size 12 and for a heading use size 14 keeping things simple makes it easier to read your cv making you more likely to be picked for the interview! Put a small one paragrapher for an about me, so they get a run down of what you like are you a go getter? Are you friendly? Can you work under pressure? Name one bad quallity and explain how you plan or are improving it, it will show you can grow and help yourself.
    YourInfoMan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 12:04 PM
    It seems to me that you need some help in deciding more specifically what kind of employment you want. You certainly have educational pre-requisites which may be applicable to certain jobs.

May I suggest that you do the following:

1. Get a complete inventory of your job-related skills and abilities. Either your state's employment department or local employment agencies will test you for your marketable skills—usually at little or no charge. Once you know more completely what your skills, aptitudes, and job interests are, you'll be in a better position to apply for a job.

2. Do some research about what jobs are available in your geographic area. Contact your state employment department; and/or look in the newspaper classified ads; and/or consult with local employment agencies

EMPLOYERS ARE LOOKING FOR MARKETABLE SKILLS
    Employers are looking for people with skills and/or education which are marketable. In other words, they're willing to pay you for what you can do, if it will help their company meet its objectives and continue to be successful.

HOW LONG SHOULD YOUR RESUME BE?
    The general rule is one page for every 10 years of experience—whether that experience is in actual full-time work, or in part-time jobs either during school or afterwards—and also in volunteer service in your community.

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH ON YOUR RESUME
    Of course, NEVER make up anything about yourself—such as your education or experience—as employers can easily confirm what's true and what's not. And if they discover your fabrications after they hire you, that's usually grounds for immediate termination.

Therefore, set down on paper—perhaps with a little help from someone who knows how to write a resume tailored to your particular background—exactly who you are and what you can offer—and do it 100% truthfully.

STATE A SPECIFIC JOB OBJECTIVE
    It's also advisable to state your particular job objective at the top of your resume. In your case, you might emphasize your qualifications, such as looking for a position which can benefit from your detail-oriented skills, your ability to work independently and as a team member, your specific computer skills, etc.

>blog info removed<

Best regards for your success!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need a best warehouse&logistics resume can anybody make a resume for me? [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2.8 years working experience as warehouse assistant (from 2005 to 2008) in ZYX company,Malaysia and from oct 2009 to till date I am working as warehouse supervisor in XYZ company,saudi arabia based on these details please make a resume for me

Home improvements [ 3 Answers ]

I am a widow, living on disability of $690.00 per month,and my old trailor is falling down around me. How do I get a grant to get it fixed?

Property Improvements [ 1 Answers ]

Would an addition of a sidewalk in front of a store front building be added to the basis of the land or added as a capital improvement on the building and be depreciated?

Home improvements [ 2 Answers ]

I need help to find a grant on improving my home for a handicapped person who lives in my home?

View more questions Search