Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rissarooo Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2010, 02:49 PM
    What should I do?
    Hey everyone, I have a boyfriend that lives an hour away from me. We have been dating for over 2 months, and we still get nervous around each other. Whenever I see him, he expects me to make the first move but I always think that he is. And then we end up not getting to be together :( and today he bought me a gift and was going to give it to me. But I dressed up and he did too and we both looked EXTREMELY hot and we both got nervous and didn't talk or kiss or hug or anything! And now he's mad at me because we didn't and we only get to c each other once a week :( and I'm in love with him and don't want to end the relationship but I don't know what to do to fix the problem. Any ideas on what to do?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 21, 2010, 03:00 PM

How old are you?

It's been only two months. Don't you communicate in between by IMing and texting and emails? There shouldn't be any surprises about what you wear or what you do when you finally get together. I'm thinking your communication process needs some polish.

Who's talking about ending the relationship??

Nov 21, 2010, 03:50 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Im 14 & he's 15. We text 24-7, email each other every day, and use Facebook. I know that there shouldn't be but there was today & it caught me off guard (dont know why). I agree that we need to talk more because its true. And my boyfriend is thinking of ending
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 21, 2010, 04:28 PM

I don't get it. Why have a "relationship" at your very young age?

Hang out with groups of kids and don't worry about being exclusive until you are much older. Now is the time you need to find out about the personalities and characters of lots of boys, so you will learn how to separate the good ones from the bad ones -- and how to decide which is a good one for you.

Our site is full of questions from kids your age who thought they were in exclusive relationships, but someone's heart got broken. Too many become parents with the baby ending up with a single mom who is under the age of 16 and the boy having to pay child support for a baby he didn't want.

What's the point of being exclusive when you're 14?
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2010, 05:56 PM
    Having only fourteen years of age, and being affected this much by a boyfriend who doesn't live in the same area as you or any boyfriend for that matter is not healthy for you. Concentrate on school and don't let boys bring you down when you are still at a young age. You have better things to focus on!

Good Luck,

Javi

Nov 21, 2010, 07:52 PM
    Comment on mmresd's post
    Thanks, but dating here where I live is huge! Plus I know that my boyfriend is a great guy! Where I live most kids start dating at 11.
    alishap Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Nov 22, 2010, 04:52 PM
    Why don't you try video chatting. You spend plenty of time on the computer talking, so this is the next step. Then you get more comfortable being around each other without it being too awkward. Use a Facebook application like Video Chat Rounds. Video Chat Rounds is great because while you are video chatting there are games and effects that you can play around with, so it takes the pressure off having too serious of a conversation. You can play a variety of games or even look through YouTube together. It helped my long-distance boyfriend and I get a lot closer! http://apps.facebook.com/chatrounds
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2010, 01:26 AM
    Comment on mmresd's post
    Doesn't make it right.

Nov 29, 2010, 05:34 PM
    Comment on mmresd's post
    I guess, but I still don't want to stop dating him now.
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2010, 01:35 AM
    Comment on mmresd's post
    If it is deteriorating your mental stability because you cannot keep your mind off it, you need to stop dating him now, before it gets worse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search