Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roborodz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2010, 12:53 PM
    Can I sue my bank for fraud
    Some body called my bank .said they were me changed my address to thiers. Got all my information and sdtarted taking my money. The bank let this all happen with no id cards or signature.the address was changed to a different state also over the phone.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 21, 2010, 12:58 PM

No, you cannot sue your bank for a fraud someone else committed. However, if the bank was negligent in making changes, they should restore your funds.

Whenever I talk to my bank on the phone they ask a few questions for personal info. So this sounds more like a case of Identity Theft. Have you reported it to the police?
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Nov 21, 2010, 06:08 PM

I am very surprised that some one could just call up a bank and change the information with out verfiying who they are talking to. I am asked some questions when I call that only I would know so that the bank knows its me. Its sounds kind of strange but as noted above file a police report if you haven't already.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2010, 06:18 PM

You may sue the bank for your money back ( and of course first just ask them)

You will want to file a police report on fraud on the person who did this.

** I would be interested in knowing what back did this, since unless you have specific passwords on file to do banking by phone, or also if it was done online, they would have gotten your passwords.

Also merely changing address does not take your money, how after they changed the address did they take the money, did they order new checks and write checks, get a new ATM card or what

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Victim of Bank Fraud victimized by Bank [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Arizona. I received a summons & complaint from Hilco re a Wells FargoBank (WFB)debt. 2 weeks ago. March 27 2007 I am a victim of felony crimes that began when WFB designed and printed 'convenience checks' accessing my accounts, unbeknownst to me, and negotiated access to my accounts with...

Are my ex husband and his mother committing SSI fraud? Can I sue the SSA? [ 5 Answers ]

I can't seem to get SSA to do anything about investigating, yet the information is all easily available and documented online. How much more €œin your face€ does a person need to be? He lives off his SSI (for ADHD or Bi Polor) while he runs a DJ business and gets paid under the table. I can't...

How to sue my bank [ 1 Answers ]

My bank paid checks that were issued with another persons name on it but had my account information printed on the bottom the payments were credited to their credit card company the banks insurance lawyer told me I waited to long to discover it they said it was up to me to collect from individual I...

Can you sue a bank [ 3 Answers ]

I recently lost my debit card so I went to the bank and told them to cancel it, but one week later after I told them to cancel it somebody had took money out from my debit card. Is there any way I can sue the bank or at least get my money back.

Can I Sue my Bank? [ 2 Answers ]

In Dec 2008, I need to apply for extension of my visa to Home Office UK, for which I needed a covering letter from bank stating that I had "so much" amount in my bank from last 3 months. But bank refused to give me that cover letter, saying that they dont issue these kind of letters. On the...

View more questions Search