Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karlie123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2010, 05:33 PM
    Bankruptcy and Mobile home
    My husband said he is leaving me, my daughter, the house, and debt come January 1st. He promises to send child support, but even that is not going to be enough to cover all the bills plus mortgage, credit card debt, and space rent on my mobile home. I am completely confused as to what to do. Faced with this situation, I have already decided that pride has to step aside and survival is what I'm concerned about. I will have to file bankruptcy. I have no clue as to what or how to go about any of this. Do I pay what I can like space rent even if I can't pay the mortgage? Do I just stop paying the credit cards? I was a house wife for 11 years before going back to work making $10.50 an hour 12 months ago. Honest advise is needed here and any information will help. Thank you.
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Nov 21, 2010, 08:51 AM

You need to speak with an attorney

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bankruptcy and Repossession of a Mobile Home [ 4 Answers ]

Both my brother and I have mobile homes. We are both filing bankruptcy. I have not filed yet, but he already retained a lawyer. I got evicted already from mine and he is in evictions as well. But I am staying here at his mobile home for right now. The bank sent a certified letter to both of...

Bankruptcy and mobile home eviction [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Michigan and need to know what the law is for once a Bankruptcy Chapter 7 has been filed how long does the debtor have to move once the mortgage company he is buying his mobile home from has lifted the bankruptcy stay? Also, is there any law or legal way to extend the eviction period?...

Past Bankruptcy/Mobile Home Mortgage [ 4 Answers ]

I filed for a bankruptcy two years ago and I listed my mobile home in paperwork. I didn't have a bankruptcy attorney because I didn't even have enough money for one. Now I am have to leave my mobile home. I have tried to get someone to assume the mortgage, but the company has turned down everyone...

If I declare bankruptcy will I lose my mobile home? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in some real financial trouble. If I declare bankruptcy will I lose my home? It is paid for free and clear. What else can they take from me?

Mobile home repossession and bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are considering bankruptcy. We have a mobile home that is about to be repossessed. My question is, how will the repossession be handled by bankruptcy? We are not interested in keeping the mobile home but we are looking at filing Chapter 13 so that are debts are repaid.

View more questions Search