Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SnowStorm22603 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2010, 12:20 AM
    Too old for gymnastics?
    I am 20 years old and I would really like to get involved in gymnastics. Is 20 too old? I can do a bridge either starting from the ground or standing and putting only one hand on the ground, but that is about the limit of my flexibility right now. I can also do forward rolls and the backward over-the-shoulder ones. Could there be any hope for me? I don't care much about competing, but if I start now would I still have enough time to get pretty good?
    Annalyse Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Nov 20, 2010, 12:46 AM
    I think no one is ever too old to do what they reallly want to do mentally, but phsically you r only 20 thts pretty young but then all of your cartlidge is gone so it will hurt more and probably be a big challenge for you!
    SnowStorm22603 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2010, 09:05 AM
    My cartilage isn't all gone yet lol, I'm not that old! But I have done DCI color guard (you can check it out on YouTube or dci.org if you have no idea what that is) for a couple of years, so I have gotten used to intense physical training already.
    Annalyse Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Nov 20, 2010, 05:48 PM
    OK that's great congrats to you!

Sorry about my advice it wasn't very helpful was it lolz
    brm1991 Posts: 33, Reputation: 0

Jan 24, 2011, 02:21 PM
    No, I don't think your too old to start but don't expect to learn many things I started gymnastics when I was 3 and stopped at 19, its definitely a lot easier to learn when your as young as I was, but go for it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gymnastics help [ 1 Answers ]

I take tumbling classes at an all star gym but they say I am so close to getting my back handspring.. and I feel like I am but they keep telling me to be mmore aggressive and when I do it to snap my legs down right after the handstand... I just wanted to know if there was any other ways to help...

Gymnastics conditioning [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a 16 year old girl and used to do some recreational gymnastics from 10-13. I live in England. I was very flexible but not strong enough to do well. Recently, I have become interested in doing the sport again (I am a recreation coach) and need some advice. I want to get really good at...

Help with gymnastics [ 3 Answers ]

Dear people reading this, I have some questions about gymnastics.I'm just starting and I need help on how to prepare myself for cartwheels,roundoffs and backhandspring before going to a teacher.Pleeezzzzzzzzzz help me Love addy

Too Old for Gymnastics? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 16, to turn 17 in a couple of weeks. I took gymnastics for about 3 years a long time ago (when I was 10-13 years old) and then quit. I was wondering if there was any chance of me being able to go back to the sport.. or is it too late?

Gymnastics [ 4 Answers ]

How many girls age 13 will compete Level 7 in California this season?

View more questions Search